Thread: Avast won't run with Windows XP Pro SP3

Avast won't run with Windows XP Pro SP3

I am having one issue with the Avast which i have installed in the Windows XP Pro SP3 but it is not working properly. I have also gone through the running the same with the "Sevice.msc" but it showing some error "Could not start the avast! antivirus service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start". If any one can then please help me with the solution of it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Avast won't run with Windows XP Pro SP3

As per the compatibility issue Avast is totally compatible with the Windows XP PRO SP3. Did you disable and of the Services of the Windows. If you have disabled then i will ask you to enable the same which might correct the issue i.e. Avast won't run with Windows XP Pro SP3. So do the same and see it is working or not.

I have not disabled any of the Windows services from the computer. But when i started getting the issue so i have upgraded to the Windows XP SP3 to resolve the error related to the Windows but after the upgrade when i started installing the Avast again getting the same error which i was getting before. So do the same and work with it.

It might be possible that your copy of Avast is not proper and when installing it got some file missing. Did you tried installing the same into the any other computer? If not then install it in another computer. And also download any other copy of the Avast and see whether it is working for you or not.

If nothing is working for you and you are still getting the problem then you have to contact the Avast regarding the problem and they will guide you well regarding this problem. The Avast is also running a Forum in which you can get the solution of your problem by posting on the same. So contact the adobe and solve the problem.

I think there might be some of the issue with the registry which is not allowing the installation of the Avast into your system. I will advise you to run the any registry cleaner utility which will clear the corrupt entry from the Registry regarding the Avast and allow you to install the Avast into your system.