Thread: "Failed to Expand Shell Folder Constant "userappdata"

"Failed to Expand Shell Folder Constant "userappdata"

I get the subject message when endeavor to install several most any application on my system. I have tried troubleshooting steps outlined in additional threads to reset the folder permissions on the AppData folder corresponding to the exaggerated user profile, they have comprise not worked. Are there several registry subkeys I am able to locate and perhaps modify/remove to accurate this tribulations. I have attempted to contact tech hold up or maintain for various software vendors and they moreover tell me it’s a general Windows error or unconnected to their software or they give me the troubleshooting steps to reassign folder permissions. Neither of these solutions is helping me out here. I am recognizable by means of navigating and modifying the Windows registry in general, additional than this one has me perplexed. I understand the implications and consequences of inappropriately modifying the Windows registry, and do generate backups prior to conducting several modifications. What should I do in this case.

Re: "Failed to Expand Shell Folder Constant "userappdata"

The System Restore tool. If the tribulations that you are experiencing started occurring freshly, you be able to utilize the System Restore tool. By using this tool, you be able to restore the system to an earlier point in time. Using the System Restore tool might not necessarily assist you determine the tribulations. When you utilize System Restore to restore the system to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are detached. To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, go behind these first you have to hit it off Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then hit it off System Restore in the Programs register. If you are prompted for an administrator password or corroboration, type your password or hit it off Continue. In the System Restore dialog box, hit it off select a dissimilar restore point, and then hit it off Next. In the list of restore points, hit it off a restore point that was created previous to you began to experience the tribulations, and then hit it off Next. At the end you have to hit it off Finish. The system restarts, and the system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in at the time that the restore point was generated. Let us be familiar with how this works and if you necessitate additional assist.

You had did deleting the registry key for that folder fix your tribulations by means of getting this error communication : failed to increase shell folder constant "userappdata", cause I am having the similar tribulations on 1 of my laptops an I would similar to be familiar with if that fix resolved your tribulations previous to I reload my laptop. I have tried the above steps additional than tranquil I am getting the error message (Failed to expand shell folder constant "userappdata") might you please assist me to resolve the error message.

I have comprised and originate the solution for my tribulations. Fundamentally what occurs was I was trying to install adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and the similar massage reserved coming up, so I contacted adobe and they gave me regarding 5 solutions then , the 2nd solution was to generate a innovative user profile by means of admin rights And reinstall the software, Guest What it worked! And I was capable to install together the software by means of no tribulations Sweet . Do not at present the technical reason how it worked additional than at the end it got the job completed. Additional than I am curious to locate it out.

I have comprise the similar identical tribulations. So do many people apparently. I even imagine it has affects on uninstall, install of innovative software (I cannot install at the entire all software stops install by means of a 1606 message looking for %appdata% file or directory), and perhaps restore in Vista. I cannot restore in VISTA. Period I do not be familiar with what is going on additional than I have hours into it and cannot solve it. I do not be familiar with your connections, additional than I cannot locate any solutions. If you be able to do anything I cannot express how grateful I would be.

The 1606 %appdata% is the biggest present tribulations. If you do a keyword investigate on "software install failed 1606 %appdata%" I imagine you determine to observe the breath of the tribulations. Notice it is on many dissimilar software installs. It is an operating system tribulations. I even tried to install Ad-Aware most recent version or description, and it would not install. I cannot install Java. Etc.I even tried to install a Microsoft FIX IT software (apparently to fix %appdata%) and the Microsoft software would not install for the similar reason.