Thread: Avast not allowing work with images

Avast not allowing work with images

I am running the Avast 5 on my computer. When i am trying to fetch any image or text from the Internet it got freeze and error come up regarding the browser not responding. This happens with the image which are stored in my PC that gives the error with the Power point and all. So if any one is having solution for same then help me with the same. Thank you.

Re: Avast not allowing work with images

First let me know whether you are using the free version or the license version of the Tools. If you are using the Free version of the Avast 5 then let me tell you that it is not having any kind of the Firewall in it. So if you think that this is the issue with the Avast 5 then you are wrong. It is something to do with the Computer only.

No i am using the Full version of the Avast 5 which is coming with the 3 license version of the same. One of which i have used to activate the same. And whenever i am accessing the image and text in the computer which i think might be because of the Firewall of Avast so i have changed the same but still getting the same.

Did you installed any other antivirus tools to get the security in your computer. If you were using any before and removed it so i think all the component of the program is not properly uninstalled and you are getting problem with the same. So i will advise you to remove the antivirus program completely to get full functionality.

Yes you are right i was using the Mcafee Internet Security before but let me tell you that due to some problem with it have uninstalled it from the Control Panel > Add/Remove program. I don't know any other way by which u can remove the same so please help me with the some other method to uninstall the previous program.

If the program is not properly removed fro your system then it might be possibility that there might be some entry left in the registry. I think you need third party uninstall program which will help you for the remove the program completely from the computer. Just check out the below given link for uninstaller.
    Which is the best uninstaller?

I am using the Revo uninstaller for the problem of mine. I have used this tools to clear the bad entry and also removed the some of the component of the Mcafee from the computer which was left before. And after that when i have started it again i got the Image working again and not getting block or freeze. Many thanks for help.