Thread: Slow down since Avast upgrade to 5.0.545

Slow down since Avast upgrade to 5.0.545

I am running windows xp on my system and have installed Zone Alarm which runs Firewall. There is an Avast antivirus which saves my system from the viruses. Since i have updated this avast on my system, I have seen that my system runs much slower. Web pages are taking much more time to load and most of the time i am getting "page cannot be displayed". But on refreshing the page...it gets perfectly loaded. What would be the problem?

Re: Slow down since Avast upgrade to 5.0.545

I do not think that your computer performance would get affected on updating an avast on your system. There is nothing related to an Avast and your system's performance. There might be some kind of virus on your system which can decrease the performance by constantly running some process on your system. I suggest you to scan your full computer and check that is there any virus affecting your system or not.

I think you should check your internet connection that is it responding perfectly or not. As there might be some kind of problem with an internet connection because of which your are not able to surf through an internet from your XP system. And the same case is with your system performance then you should open Task Manager where you can check that which process is taking much of your CPU usage so that process can be ended.

I have never heard that an updating an anti virus software makes computer working slow. There should some other reason because of which your system is not performing as how it was performing before updating your avast. Have you got any virus on your pc or is there any process continuously running on your system which might be not allowing your CPU to give time to other processes.

I think you should disable the Avast's Network Shield feature which must have same up with an avast updates. This feature might be making your internet working slow as it would be checking all the data that load on your browser. Since you have updated your whole avast software then it is but obvious that your system would be running this feature with the full speed which in fact let your web page load very much slowly. I think you should disable this feature.

Actually Network Shield saves your computer system from the worms which travels through an internet. You can say that it is a Avast Firewall which does not require any user interaction. If you have enabled your windows firewall then there is no need to use this avast firewall. I guess you must have understood that where you need to make changes and why you are not able to use your internet with cool speed.

You have to right-click on the Avast icon and then choose On-Access Protection Control in order to make changes in an Avast Web Shield. You have to click on the Details button is suppose there is no list of installed providers given on the left click on Web Shield. You may click on Customize button where you can change the settings from Scan all files to Scan files of selected type, In the Web Scanning tab.