Thread: Solution For Perflib_perfdata(various).dat

Solution For Perflib_perfdata(various).dat

I get 20 to 30 of these Perflib_Perfdata.dat files in my Windows\Temp database each time I create certain in there. I have completed some research that says they are for "Prefetch" and are harmless. On the other hand, I in addition understand that optimally, these things are deleted upon shutdown. Mine are not being deleted. I might swear that when I first installed XP Pro, I did not have comprised these files appearing. Something's misrepresented, I suspect. Anybody have a solution for getting rid of these files, or protect them from being created, or create certain they are deleted at shut down as they are supposed to be.

Re: Solution For Perflib_perfdata(various).dat

It would help to encompass the exact message. Then you have to go to Start - Run - type in eventvwr.msc to open the occurrence viewer. Look beneath together "Application" and "System" for recent (the most recent 48 hours or so) errors (shown in red) and if originated, do this for everyone. Twice hit it off the error to open it up and then click on the symbol that looks similar to two pieces of paper. This determines to copy the full error. Then "paste" the error into Notepad. Do this for every one until you have comprised them the entire listed in Notepad and then copy and paste the register.

I tried to share files from one system to an additional thought this might be the most excellent method to avoid the tribulations additional than the following msg came up during the transfer: Windows cannot copy file c:\windows\temp\perflib_perfdata_66c.dat then there were 3 boxes: abort, retry, pay no attention to I tried the entire 3 (dissimilar times) and every stopped the transfer of data. The recent past, the numeral was dissimilar - it was perfdata.668.dat.

To a certain extent than you have to go into the registry, I am attaching a Fixdavid.zip file. Save it to your desktop. Unzip it and twice hit it off the Fixdavid.reg file it contains and permit it to enter the registry if encouraged. I do not be familiar with if this is related to your initial tribulations or not additional than these registry entries were left at the back by IE8 and are causing repeated errors in the Event Viewer. Reboot the apparatus and let me be familiar with if there's some change.

The fixdavid.reg entry did not do it additional than I in addition heard from Microsoft techs and they recommended downloading a file called unlocker 1.8.7. I did this and eliminated the file and it went away. So at present I tried to share the files from the previous system to the innovative system additional than at present this msg came up: "windows cannot copy file c:\documents and settings\worldspan1\NTUSER.DAT.

At the same time as you cannot delete or remove these files yourselves, they are deleted as almost immediately as our system is shut down. On the other hand they are in addition formed back when we boot our system. If the system crashes or is not shut down appropriately, these files stay behind in the folder and then are able to be deleted. These are genuine Windows files and have comprised nothing to do by means of the viruses.

The Perflib_Perfdata is a name shared from two dissimilar words, Perflib which stands for presentation Library and the additional Perfdata that means Performance Data. You be able to locate these files moreover at C:\Windows\System32 folder or at C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local folder. The files are produced by the Operating System itself and are used by system monitoring programs that is by the programs that maintain an eye on the system’s presentation similar to Disk Defrag tool.