Thread: Run Combofix On Win2k?

Run Combofix On Win2k?

I was searching for the information related to the installation of Combofix, amazingly all the information present there is only related to window XP and most of the emphasis is given for the XP recovery console. I want to know how to run Combofix On Win2k? or it will safe to do that. I am concerned about this because this machine consist of lots of data that is important for me. So if I am trying to do something on it then I have to be confident related to the things that I am planning to do.

Re: Run Combofix On Win2k?

Actually the thing is that ComboFix will definitely work on your win 2K but the problem that you must have the complete knowledge related to it. But if you do not have then it will better to leave it. Since combofix is a powerful tool and as pre the creator of this tool it must be used under the supervision of some expert. Hence it is clear that it is not a tool that can be used for the private purpose. Using this tool inaccurately can lead to disaster. If you have any other queries related to this combofix then feel free to ask.

I am facing a "ti" problem: On a machine with a colleague at work so many junk settled. Gender Rootkit. I turn the machine on and screen a series of malware etc. are detected and thus "totally" removed. So before you panic I clean myself. Always with success until now: The machine is running again without problems "but" an error beep that Windows starts up occasionally for a few seconds, stops and restarts 5mns, 10mins or 20mins after. No messages or blocking machines or idle, nothing else. I do not see anything suspicious on it is this someone has already faced this ti worries? A helping hand is welcome.

Uninstall Spybot, this application is useless! The infection is here: O20 - Winlogon Notify: rbegks - rbegks.dll (file missing) Lance v2.0 Clean drinking FRUIT, procedure 1. Then Combofix report. Report Hijackthis should be in normal mode, not safe it to reveal all processes / files ACTV. In short try to use Hijackthis in place of combofix, I am sure that it will help you to get rid of the problem.

Here's the result after some manipulations combo, but I spent a quick clean and obviously he did not ask Procedural it cleaned Direct and asked to put an end cd rest . To restore the files origins. The icon is clean.cmd; is there was an error downloading clean ? Anyway. Here is the report: ComboFix 08-09-30.03 - Sig-2 2008-10-03 9:12:53.1 - NTFSx86. Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.1.1252.1.1033.18.1620 [2:00 GMT] Running from: C: \ Documents and Settings \ .... \ Desktop \ ComboFix.exe . Created a new restore point.

One thing that can explain the slow start of your work session is the presence of Avast. It included a module to scan all processes at startup. This means that before the full display of the office, avast will check all these processes. I have the same sauce on my PC with Kaspersky. Two possibilities: You disable this feature or you know it exists and you do with knowing that you have so enhanced security. I do not know if the couple also Avast / Online Armor is really compatible. Avast also includes shields. Have you checked that?

I did all the manip proposed, I touched up some settings from your advice, and startup windows are significantly accelerated. My default browser is Firefox , I use temporarily and alternately two versions 2.0.0.15 and 3.0 I also occasionally use IE6 when the sites visited are forcing me (because of Active X?) it urge to upgrade to IE7 , but it is impossible for users of Win2k and I do not want to change.