Thread: Cpu Always Over 90% Usage, Very Slow, Probably Alcmtr.exe

Cpu Always Over 90% Usage, Very Slow, Probably Alcmtr.exe

My laptop was working so rapidly until yesterday but suddenly something has happened to my laptop and it has performing slow. I have noticed that my CPU has been over 90% usage. I have scanned my laptop online and it says that there is no viruses on my laptop but still there is no difference in its performance. I have checked it by using my Norton as well but even it got failed.

Re: Cpu Always Over 90% Usage, Very Slow, Probably Alcmtr.exe

I think you should directly open the Task Manager from where you can come to know that which process is taking much of your CPU and then you may check that process belongs to which program on your laptop. If it would be related to the Realtek then you may say that there is something wrong with the Alcmtr.exe which is associated with the Realtek sound drivers.

That is probably right that you can check the process in the Task Manager that which is taking a large part of your CPU usage but i think why should just check that. I think you need to open the Task Manager and then Click the Processes tab and then click the heading CPU twice which will be sorting all the processes as per the CPU usage. You just need to End Process which would be taking large CPU usage.

There must be some virus on your laptop because of which your system is not performing as per your expectations. I have provided the link from where you can download the Symantec Endpoint Protection which is a great software to detect any kind of virus on your system. Once you have downloaded this software then i suggest you to immediately scan your whole system and remove all the viruses. Click on Symantec Endpoint Protection to download it.

You should always keep your system's Firewall Enabled as it is the only protection system which has been provided by default on your operating system and it checks for each and every bit of data so that it can capture even a single malicious bit of data which can harm your system. You have to enable it from the Control Panel on your system, If you are using Windows operating system on your laptop.

I think an Alcmtr.exe has something wrong along with it. It has been used along with the Realtek drivers which you must have installed on your system in order to get the proper sound from the system. Simple way to get rid of it is to remove the Realtek sound driver from your system and then check that how your computer performs and if there would be expected difference then you should download the new realtek drivers on your system and then you may try using them.

Obviously this is a virus problem. just get an antivirus and its done. if you dont want to buy an antivirus, just format the whole of your HDD. no backups allowed.

I think you should search for an free Anti Virus softwares on Google Search which will be giving you lot of choices for downloading the whichever anti virus that you want on your system. You can download an AVAST anti virus which is great security software for windows machines. You can download the same software from HERE. But still if there would be any other software on your mind then you can search for the same on the same website.

AVAST is bad. it can detect most viruses. try the Esset nod32. i have this(legal, all updates available). PM me if interested.