Thread: Google Installer Virus and Malware Defense Virus

Google Installer Virus and Malware Defense Virus

I have installed Malwarebytes on my computer system on which i am using windows vista operating system. I guess my vista system has been infected by the "Malware Defense" as i am getting pop ups on my system again and again. It says that Google Installer has to shut down and when this happens then it says that my system might be having malware labeled "UACD.sys." even i am getting the messages that my Windows Defender Command Line Utility has stopped working.

Re: Google Installer Virus and Malware Defense Virus

I would like to inform you that the Malware Defense about which you are talking here is not a virus exactly but it can harm your computer indirectly. Actually it keeps on popping up an ads which asks you to purchase the version of this software which is an anti virus software. But you should never click on it as there are many free anti virus softwares which can secure your computer from the viruses.

There must be some kind of virus due to which you are getting all this pop ups on your system. And there are many viruses which has a common characteristic of disabling the anti virus things on an infected system and because of this your Malwarebytes would not be working as per the expectations.

I have seen the similar kind of pop ups on my xp system and because of which my Internet Explorer started crashing. I have removed this virus by installing an Avast Anti Virus on my system which have detected few viruses on my system and as soon as i removed those viruses, My system became perfectly fine. I suggest you to download an AVAST to clean your system as well.

If i would be talking technically then Google Installer Virus is actually malware and not a “virus”. This kind of malwares are tricky which also called as RootKit. RootKit are known for embedding itself in an affected system. It might come from Hardware or Software. And this rootkit are not detected by an Anti Virus softwares because it can block almost all the kind of anti-spyware or anti-virus.

Once you start your computer system then Run ComboFix.exe and if does not works then you have to rename it and the n run it so this time i guess it should be working. Then it will ask for restarting it so do it. Now let ComboFix work and it will take about 45min - 1 Hour to solve it. Now it might look like that nothing is working so you need to open Task Manager and create a new task named as an explorer.exe.