Thread: Enabling WOWLAN on Intel 4965AGN Wireless card

Enabling WOWLAN on Intel 4965AGN Wireless card

I am having a device i.e. Alienware M9750 which is pre-installed with the Intel 4965AGN wireless card. What i want is to use the WOWLAN for this system. But when i perform the same i see that the "Allow this device to wake the computer" option is already grayed out so i can not perform the same. So if you know the reason behind the same then please help me.

Re: Enabling WOWLAN on Intel 4965AGN Wireless card

This is the problem with the new drivers which is not having the support for the WOWLAN that you wish to perform on the Intel 4965AGN Wireless card and i hope this is removed from all the latest release of the same so it is of no use to enable the same when it is not supported by the same. Thats it!!!!

Why Intel has stopped this feature from the wireless card series as i like that feature a lot. But any ways still i wanted to do the same. If i wanted to make the WOWLAN again in the Card which i am having then is it possible to happen with the system or not. I really want to enable the WOWLAN in the card of mine.

If you still wanted to make the the WOWLAN enable in the system of yours then you should have to rollback to the previous version of the driver which you were using before with the same. The previous version is having this feature enabled so if you rollback to the same then you can adjust the WOWLAN enable in the same.

Thanks for your quick response regarding my query but let me tell you that i am not aware of the rollback of the driver which you are asking me to do so it will be easier and helpful for me if you provide me how to rollback the driver in the same. Also if possible then let me know how to configure the WOWLAN in the wireless card.

To roll back the driver you simply have to get into the device manager and then you can rollback the driver from there. To make that thing working you have to follow the below given step which is having the description regarding the same.
    1. Right Click on My Computer icon fro Desktop
    2. Click on Properties from context menu
    3. Now go to the Hardware TAB
    4. Click on Device Manager Button
    5. Find the Intel 4965AGN Wireless card from list
    6. Right Click on Same
    7. Select Rollback Driver

That's It!!!!!!

Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) power-management scenarios, you must modify a registry key. GTK is used to encrypt and decrypt network traffic. EAP is an authentication framework that can be used over wired and wireless networks. In Windows 7, to enable support for Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN) Group Temporal Key (GTK) Rekey, and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) power-management scenarios, you must modify a registry key. GTK is used to encrypt and decrypt network traffic. EAP is an authentication framework that can be used over wired and wireless networks. For more click here.