Thread: Port checker OK but red dot

Port checker OK but red dot

I got my utorrent working on the system with the ISA server. I committed the port forwarding of entire available ports with the help of needed methods and when I launched the diagnostic test in utorrent, it suggests that " incoming connections can be accepted on port 49152 " , however I received the red dot and poor/non-existent upload speeds.

Any advice regarding this ?

Re: Port checker OK but red dot

According to me, you are having some issues with your internal configured settings and your ISP may hate BitTorrent users and specifically firewall its traffic. You should also be using unwanted and invalid configurations in µTorrent associated your connection's sustainable upload speeds and by performing so causing firewalled status and worse !

I got your private message Mr.robodude but I need to say something .. It is a bit hit and miss... I got a green light on ISA server before, but after that it never performs in the same way .

Moreover, I have been testing that on the trackers which I use and displaying up as able to get connect, however with even one torrent open only, I receive only a red dot. it looks as each peers keeps getting discarded. Is it possible for the port checker and the trackers to be providing false port open readings and for the port to really be blocked by ISA?

I have used utorrent in proper way and it goes fine every time for me but recently, I am getting some issues . I haven't configured any configurations either. I have used the Comodo and have successfully applied the rules for utorrent, which have been well and not a problem at all. I have used a D-link DSL-502T modem and a DI-524 router and commited the forwarding of my ports.

I have installed the updated versions of windows XP and on that I am using utorrent 2.0.2 . I got the red dot and my downloads are functioning albeit slowly. I have 150 kb/ps connection but my downloads fluctuates from nothing up to 20 kb/ps. Moreover, with only minimum connection numbers to seeds and peers.