Thread: Configuring the Wireless-G Broadband Router

Configuring the Wireless-G Broadband Router

I have got the Wireless-G router recently. I am not having any idea about configuring it. From last two days, I am trying to configure a wireless-G Broadband Router but I am not able to do it. So I am expecting some needful help from your side. Please provide me information for configuring the Wireless-G Broadband Router. Reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Configuring the Wireless-G Broadband Router

The manual that you get along with the router is the best thing for your guidance and troubleshooting. Also if you are having some problems while configuring you should check the following link. How do i set up a wireless broadband router
    I am sure that you will get the desired help.

I am having the problem which is related to the router, so thought that posting here would be useful. I am having 3 PCs that I am trying to connect to the Wi-fi. Can anyone over there can guide me to proceed for these settings. I am expecting some help from you guys as early as possible because I am facing many difficulties due to this problem.

Well, concerning your problem PIT44, have you tried to force the 802.11b wireless DLINK router config? I also advise you to try to establish a channel (the most common being the 6). I'll test your board to make the connection at first, having the machine (router + dlink wireless laptop) to less than 1 meter from each other until you get a connection. Third, I recommend anyone to mix brands of components of a wireless network even if the standard exists. Staying within the same brand, you'll save yourself problems config (and it's already hard enough) and you will enjoy accelerated methods specific to each brand. Finally, the fourth point may prevent the following connection is all that encryption ... wap key ... SSID ... other parameters .. You have to make sure that both machines / config are identical property. The SSID must be the same. The key wap same ... etc.

What type of config for 3 PC? Depends. So now, I advocated an ADSL modem, router separate from all in one is good, but when he farts all you got to change and anything that runs. Taking an ADSL modem separately if one day you change speed ADSL (and yes, as goes faster and faster ADSL) thee to change the modem (Well to some extent). So, we say an ADSL modem, router, wireless, WiFi and 3 cards for your PC.

A Wireless Router DLINK DI-624 and a DWL-G520 PCI card and a PCMCIA card DWLG-650. All that can run on a fast track to own 108Mbips DLINK and commonly called the Super-G. In short, as you see, I have all the same brand, so I was greatly helped. It may be that there are now new models, whether for the modem or router, then up to you. In DLINK, I recommend the G + models will be better for your work.

In DHCP, enable DHCP address range with the default in LAN, to name the SSID (I have half my DI-624). Put a key WEP, the note to put the same on your network card. Then on your PC, the utility DLINK, refresh to see the SSID then connect, enter your WEP key, leave DHCP, confirm. After 5-10 seconds it should be good. Open a console back, already typing: ping 192.168.0.1 and make entry (c address of default router Dlink). If you get an answer with a time> 0 then it is good (you have 0 packet loss) then type ipconfig / all and make entry. You must have the opposite IP address something like 192.168.0.101 for example, gateway 192.168.0.1.