Thread: Virus got to my BIOS

Virus got to my BIOS

All started with my mouse, it hangs on the screen and remained idle for a few seconds and then reboot automatically then when it restarts again it shows a blue screen i think that my desktop computer has a virus in the bios and I do not know how to remove it. Can you please give me advice to solve the problem.

Re: Virus got to my BIOS

The BIOS is the first piece of software that is run when your computer is on, it must be present to make your computer run. Without the BIOS, your PC is unusable. The BIOS is stored in a special chip on the motherboard that maintains its contents even when power is cut. This is supposed to ensure that the BIOS is always there when you need it. Moreover it is programmed in such a way that a virus cannot damage it there seems a problem with your operating system. Try to scan your system with a powerful antivirus like eScan Antivirus 10

As far as i know On many computers, the BIOS can be updated using the software provided by the manufacturer. It can also be damaged by viruses such as W95/CIH-10xx and damage may result in inability to boot your PC. If the BIOS chip can not be replaced (some BIOS chips are soldered onto the motherboard), you may even have to replace your motherboard.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I would suggest you to use the Microsoft Security Essentials which is much effective against viruses and rootkits. AV-Test GmbH has also assessed the capabilities of the software has correctly identified threats by submitting false positives, ie in files frequently detected as a virus but still safe. An important test since the quarantine or deletion of a legitimate file may lead to computer failure or malfunction of certain applications. This will help you.

As you see, I received your response to my question. However, I would like to clarify that the computer in question starts but what makes me fear that a virus is in the bios that before the start of windows, it appears a black screen package symbols in I do not know what language it is written and under each order or incorrect file. This, is the assurance of organic contamination. On the other hand, many people discourage me to update the bios because of the risk that it is either to lose my card. What do you recommend? Thank you for responding promptly to my previous question and I expect from you.

Security Essentials Microsoft has also responded well. Thus, none of these files has been the subject of an alert. Finally, faced with programs designed to evade anti-virus engines by hiding their presence, rootkits, security software Microsoft also avoids the failure

Avira antivirus is the best it is compatible with Windows 98 , Me, 2000, XP, Vista and Seven (32 bits & 64 bits) as well as Linux , FreeBSD and Solaris. Free for private use, monitoring of Internet downloads, identification and repair of viruses in macros housed and boot sectors of hard drive , scans customizable and automatically updated virus definitions. It also includes a detector rootkit and anti-spyware . It has the advantage of being very light and have a detection rate of recent threats high.

Hi.. Did you try advanced boot options in windows? Are you able to boot from Boot cds? I don't think that there is really a Virus in your BIOS...(not sure if it is possible, in the first place to infect a system BIOS)... But if you think there is anything abnormal in BIOS settings, you can reset the BIOS settings to default.. Also, if you take the CMOS battery out and put it back in, it should clear everything that is configured in the BIOS..

It could be just a windows problem.. Try safe mode, try to boot from a live cd like erd commander, Hiren boot cd or anything and do a system restore from there... Try disconnecting the other PCI cards,printers and hardware... Try doing a repair installl
    Last edited by Maqbool; 28-06-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: External links not allowed, not even in signatures. Removed the same.