Thread: Mac - Mail server not found

Mac - Mail server not found

Hello,
    I'm on a Mac since 2008, and I am glad to use the operating system.

The problem
    First I set up "Mail" server. No problem. Connection to servers "pop.example.com" first, then "smtp.example.com" zero problems.
    I just spent on "SFR". 4 attempts to set up "Mail": "failure" on "failures". I said that in trying IMAP instead of POP, I got the same result: failure. What may the problem here. Do you have an idea regarding this? Thank you.

Re: Mac - Mail server not found

In settings, this is the info you enter to your account. You need a username, choose an SMTP server, and a pop server, etc. In the settings do you have the configuration done very well. And if everything went well , all the better. Sometimes the information given by service providers are not correct or they change without saying anything. That's why we ask you what you entered as information.

Here the solution, is probably a very simple, you change your internet provider (And probably not setting smtp corrrect, review) Passing a SIMPLE way to resolve the problem of setting is to go through a gmail account and to manage the gmail.

This is exactly what I did:

In "Mail":
    Menu File> Add Account.
    New window asking me the account name and the word-of-pass. I've entered. New window, where I request the incoming mail server. I already entered the first.
    It's "pop.example.com" according to my ISP.

The failure message is as follows:
    "Failed to connect to server "pop.example.com. Make sure the user name and word-of-password are correct, then click Continue. You can not receive messages if the information is False" The servers are however well they (and are, moreover, identical to those of a large number of ISPs):
    pop.example.com
    then
    smtp.example.com

It "SFR" which I sent them, As for my personal account, I may have my gur once. Any more help on this.

What are you looking to do exactly? Because if register mail to your service provider, is certainly not pop.example.com. If an email account is present on to the service provider, and the rest assumed correct. I guess this might be your case here.

I am at SFR, and the setting is sometimes difficult. The creation of a gmail account seems more sensible, because at least no problem when switching. By cons attention has tick "notes pop" on google.

Just ask you to give us the settings, it meant:

pop.XX.XX
    smtp.XX.XX
    username:

short, you asked us to copy all the information that was in the account settings. But since you have found another solution.