Thread: Short email domain problem

Short email domain problem

I have configured a email on a newly implemented server using cpanel. It seems as just I am unable to send the emails to email address that the domain is short as AOL dot com or even some with an hyphen like on-line dot ca. I don't have any issues receiving from those emails but when I compose and dispatch the emails, it doesn't work and when I look at the email log it provides a 505 error. Just as today I got unable to send an email address which had maine.rr.com as the domain. The email was never received. Would somebody have any idea about this?

Re: Short email domain problem

Commonly, one thing I wanted to make you sure about something that has been already implemented. Actually, you can get that so far from now all the ones whoever registered using aol.com and rr.com commonly didn't receive the activation email , I think they receive only the notification , everyone else did. Any suggestion ?

Actually, I own a site on my server that when the guest users come up for the registration , they get a confirmation email to validate the account which they are going to create but seems as most of them with an email with a short domain doesn't seem to receive the confirmation email.

Once again , I dispatch the emails from the short one to the one on the server without any issues but not different methods around and that from the site and outlook included with this . Those users who don't need to receive the email can reply back, I didn't get it but even if I replied them , they are unable to get the mails which I send back. I would appreciate your help .

I am getting whatever you wanted to say, there is no any doubt in that but if you need the absolute resolution then you have to post some more details. First of all, I would suggest you to just check the email logs for the absolute error message. You can give us the email logs here or if you are getting any bounce back email then please just paste them here that would be helpful for me to detect the actual error . You can find the email logs from /var/log/exim_mainlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmi Mathen View Post
    Actually, you can get that so far from now all the ones whoever registered using aol.com and rr.com commonly didn't receive the activation email
    Those are known to create RBL checks against unreliable sources but they also do SPF / rDNS checking as well. It tells me that may be your server is blacklisted in different location or is configured in worng way , namely:

1. You require an IP to hostname PTR record fixing your server's IP back to your server (commonly performed at the server provider level)

2. You require to have a valid SPF record in your DNS zone.

3. Usually not required but doesn't hurt to associated DomainKeys or DKIM to your DNS zone as well.

If the recipient servers got unable to verify that your server is granted to dispatch the mail for any suggested domain, a number of services like the ones which you have just indicated will just redirect your mail in the trash can undelivered.