Thread: Internal 500 Error

Internal 500 Error

After a building procedure of apache, my entire sites are infected with the issue of Internal Server 500 errors. I got this in the apache logfile :

[Wed Mar 02 15:10:08 2010] [error] [client 212.183.140.100] SoftException in Application.cpp:357: UID of script "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpinfo.php" is smaller than min_uid, referer: http://78.xxx.xxx.xxx:2086/themes/x/xtra/index.php
    [Wed Mar 02 15:10:08 2010] [error] [client 212.183.140.100] Premature end of script headers: phpinfo.php, referer: http://78.xxx.xxx.xxx:2086/themes/x/xtra/index.php

It was when I tried to execute the phpinfo command within the whm. Any suggestions, what might be causing such type of error?

Re: Internal 500 Error

If you take a deep look on the logfile then you can fins out the solution for this issue . I think , you need to go for the update and execute them . Have you tried to execute a WHM/cPanel update from WHM. Just try to go for this and after executing updates , run the EasyApache update again. And go from the previous status where you got this error . I hope, it would be helpful for you

You need to check out the entire available Apache logs for associated information while regenerating the symptoms:

Code:
    # tail -fvn0 /usr/local/apache/logs/*log
    By stock-default cPanel/WHM and EasyApache wouldn't perform the installation of a PHP information "phpinfo();" page contained within the Apache directory "htdocs" document root path. According to the logfile description , it appears to stem from a third-party WHM plug-in, WHMXtra; associated to the affected third-party software, this problem should be escalated to the vendor through their official support methods...

It seems as just two different problems , neither of which actually have to do with WHMXtra . For the phpinfo, although that is the section of Xtra and it seems as kbuser was correct, you are running with an improper minimum user id configured in tweak settings, that section of our script executes as the apache user . So, you may require to manage your configurations for that.

However the 500 error after recompiling apache has nothing to perform with Xtra or phpinfo, more likely you require to execute the resolve home or permissions or better yet resoltion everything. It can be performed through ssh or through the Xtra. It commonly happened if you made activated the suphp when you recompiled or some other option.

I suspect you are suffering with the similar problem that I am with any scripts associated with the /usr/local/apache/htdocs such as a phpinfo.php script. For the scripts to be executable, they have to be chowned to apache.apache but each Apache recreate through the EasyApache moves the previously stored htdocs to a backup specification and then generates a new default directory and copies the absolute contents back to it but it does not preserve the ownerships anymore so entire custom .php scripts occurs 500 errors until I go in and chown them back to apache.apache that seems quite annoying.