Thread: Setup NameServers for resellers

Setup NameServers for resellers

Hi everybody !! I am newbie for the CPANEL and WHM. I have to configure the nameservers for my resellers, they need to setup their own nameservers but i have no any idea about the proper procedure about doing this ?

How do I do this with the help of the same IPs which I have for the DNS which I have configured already for the server. I am running within the dedicated server environment only for my resellers clients. I meant to say that I configured up my DNS already and going just well but I got my first reseller which need their own nameservers. Any suggestion would be appreciated ...?

Re: Setup NameServers for resellers

As you already told that you have been working with your own Nameservers on your dedicated server and currently your Reseller needs to use his custom Nameservers. You can allow him to use two IPs which you used for your Nameserver registration to register his custom Nameservers at the registrar of his site. After getting registered , then he can allocate his site to his custom Nameservers at the reigistrar. The final step is to configure up his custom Nameservers on your dedicated server. To perform this , you have to login into the WHM and move to the link "WHM => Resellers => Reseller Center". Here in the "Reseller Modifications" field , please select the Reseller account from the drop down list and click on the "Edit Privileges/Nameservers" reference . The "Nameservers" section would be placed on the bottom of the page. That is the point where you can indicate his custom Nameservers in "Nameserver 1" and "Nameserver 2" section also and 'Save' modificatons . That's it and now you can go further .

I am working with a VPS with direct admin for my small hosting business and I am getting some difficulties in the configuring up the custom nameservers for my resellers . I am running with two different IP's on the servers where as second one is used for the web sites and primarily looks as free and allocated to "admin " at IP administration

Currently, the issue is how can every reseller work with these IP's as custom nameservers with the actual records.Anybody here can help me to accomplish this ?

Admin-Level issues going well for me just because it's a issue of understanding a configuration while logged in as an administrator. On some other sites,it is described but perhaps you would like a bit more description. The configuration may seem a bit confusing.

Whatever nameservers you configure up in your administrator login's reseller level will be allocated to recently created resellers. Don't bother to make a new nameserves; just list the two names you need to use for your entire resellers then when a new reseller is made then it will automatically be allocated those nameservers. As reseller you can make nameservers, but we never perform. We easily allocate nameserver names for new users within that reseller.

We have never made nameservers within the DirectAdmin directory and I have no idea what that even performs . Anybody here have some idea ?

In order to configure up the reseller nameservers in Helm, you should go through the steps suggested as follows :-

1) Login to Helm control panel http://xx.xx.xxx.xx:8086

2) To configure up the personal name servers, log in as an administrator, move to System Settings => "Servers", and click on the server that is hosting the DNS service.

3) Click on the DNS service in the server's service list. From the bottom of the DNS service modifier there would be a list of name servers. you would get the "Default" name server(s) already listed from when you first made the service.

4) Click on "Add New" to list the resellers name services. Enter in the associated information into form and make "Default name server" unchecked option. Then after click on the Save button and continue.

If you are running with the primary and secondary DNS service on another system,you will require to add the another name server to the secondary DNS service.

5) To finish personal DNS, move to the resellers account in Helm and click "Account Settings" within their account. Click on "Global Settings" to obtain a list of their general Helm configurations.You will get a Personal DNS Mask box on the suggested page. In this box issue the domain name used for the resellers new name servers. Then after click on the Save to make the changes.