Thread: What is pctsSvc.exe Application Error

What is pctsSvc.exe Application Error

Since this morning my computer is working a bit slower as compare to older time. I find it hard to open my web pages when I open my task manager process I found a service which took up 150,000 KB of memory. The same of process is pctsSvc.exe. I had rebooted my system to check weather that can be some system file. But the same work again. I wonder to which application does this file associates. I also need suggestion on some nice Spyware removal.

Re: What is pctsSvc.exe Application Error

Your problem with pctsSVC.exe is because you probably used the 2009 version of Internet security Spyware Doctor. I had a the same on my computer and I went back to the 2008 version. If you do not have the older version of Spyware Doctor then this can be a virus. The 2009 version of Spyware Doctor is horrible. Just remove that and you will get rid of the same.

The file belongs to pctsSvc.exe. This file is located in the C:\Program Files. You can uninstall spyware doctor to fix this. If this file is consuming too much system resource then I will recommend you to remove this one and install a better security application. If you go for an internet security suite like Norton or Kapersky then that will be better. They are much stable as compare to spyware doctor.

Spy Sweeper is a software that removes spyware and blocks the most dangerous malware such as keyboard Spies, System Monitors, Trojan horses and other spyware. It is a nice tool which I am using in my system. Spy Sweeper + Antivirus offers dual protection into a single program. So I will recommend you to download this version rather than just singe spyware removal.

I am using CounterSpy. It is quiet nice and powerful tool. It detects and removes all types of spyware, while protecting your computer from intrusions before they enter your system and provide any harmful effect on your system. The application uses a database of known spyware and regularly updated. Finally, CounterSpy integrates a calendar, a removal tool and a history shredder secure.

I am using Stopzilla in my system. A basic and simple tool to deal with spyware. Stopzilla is a software which protects your computer against spyware, adware, annoying pop-ups, phishing, hackers, rootkits, Trojans, bots, keyloggers and other Internet threats . It can block any execution of malware on your computer and delete them. There are various tools you can try.

There are various tool you can try from internet download and try. I am using Comodo Internet security which provides me a full protection all stuff. Usually virus is really a threat in todays time. The more you leave your system unsecure the more they effects you. So it is recommended that you must have proper system protection. Commodo is powerful utility for Windows.