Thread: Windows XP hangs on Spyware Doctor

Windows XP hangs on Spyware Doctor

I had first updated my operating system. I am using Windows XP SP3. After a fresh installation I had installed Spyware Doctor. This same antivirus I was using before also. It works well. But this time when boot my system the antivirus screen splashes up and the system simply hangs. Nothing happens after that. I had force restart my pc. Under safe mode it is working. What should I do to fix this.

Re: Windows XP hangs on Spyware Doctor

Boot in safe mode and first try to disables the service spyware doctor. For that run services.msc from the start > run box. Then double click on the service PC Tools Spyware Doctor and disable the same by right clicking on that. After that uninstall it and delete the C: \ Program Files \ Spyware Doctor folder. Once done reboot your system in normal mode and then check back.

This can be a hardware problem related to memory, hard disk, motherboard, etc. Unfortunately computer cannot run in most of the cases. I will recommend you to diagnose each peripherals of your machine properly. Have done any recent hardware updates. Download and install Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows. This will give you much more information on your system.

It is possible to restore the system. You can repair the same with the bootable disc. This can be a major operating system error. Boot with Windows disc first and then choose the repair option. For an instant relief you can choose system repair option also to restore your system old settings. System restore is the easiest way to fix. Also if you are using a pirated version of Windows XP then this can be regular issue.

I started to have problems slowing down my PC and USB. I launched a scan to catch any adware, spybot, etc except a trojan. I had formatted and reinstall Windows on my system. But still my system slows down on starting. I found that there was lots of dust in my system and due to which my GPU was heating up. I replaced my RAM and cleaned up all stuff. Now the same is working.

At first insert the XP CD in the drive and restart the computer. When the Welcome screen appears, press the R key (for repair). In the command prompt windows tupe C: \ Windows> box and give the following command : * expand D: \ i386 \ driver.cab *- F: * hal.dll c: \ windows \ system32 \. D is your CD drive. Confirm File Replace hal.dll by typing Y for Yes. Then type exit key and your system will boot.

It is possible that the version of Spyware which you are using is corrupted or not working fine. It is engaging your entire operating system. Second thing if you are using a pirated version of Windows then this issue will be common for you. This can also be a major hardware fault in your system. You have to run a Memtest tool to check the stability of your system.