Thread: System infected with AntiSpyware Soft

System infected with AntiSpyware Soft

I am facing serious issue on my system. My brother has accidentally installed AntiSpyware Soft in my system. After reading out some sites I found that this is a fake antivirus. I am using Spyware Doctor already on my system. But the same is not working. It is not detecting this as a virus. How to remove this completely and fix my system back again.

Re: System infected with AntiSpyware Soft

Antivirus Soft is a fake anti-spyware and ransomware. It will display many infections. The infected files it finds are all invented or installed by itself. It will also change the proxy settings in Internet Explorer to prevent you from finding solutions to the problem. A system restore setting usually works in most of the case. You can download a Antivirus Soft removal tool from internet to stop it.

It is a virus and you have to delete the registry entires created by it. For that here are the setings. Click on run and type regedit. Then navigate to % UserProfile% \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ <random> \ <random> sysguard.exe. Delete teh sysguard exe. In the same way delete lsd.exe, sftav.exe and sftav.exe. Run a registry scanner and then check back.

This fake antivirus also changes your internet settings. To find the the same start Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, then select Internet Options. In that you have to click on Connections and then go to LAN Settings button. When you are done with that you have to go in the Proxy Server section, uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN. Then press the OK button to close this screen.

Search and download rkill from one of the below link. Save the file on the desktop. You have to also stop esident module of the antivirus and antispyware. Then double click the downloaded file rkill to launch the tool. Run the same and dos windows will appear and it will remove the fake antivirus. If this does not work then run the tool again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install the same. After installation check that the updates are done and then launch the program. Run the system and also update for the same. Once updated click the Settings tab and check Stop Internet Explorer during removal. Check Run a full review and at the end of the scan click on Show Results. Restart your pc and then scan your system.

Antispyware Soft virus, a close relative of Antivirus and Antivirus Suite Soft is a fake anti-spyware software created in order to sequester the computers, steal personal information and become a permanent obstacle. It is usually installed by using a Trojan horse. Antispyware Soft uses pop ups and fake virus scans. Don't get fooled by this run a better antivirus scan under safe mode.

Please help!

I found the "FAKE" registry created by Security Master AV by using IOBIT Security 360 but it was not able to delete or remove the registry. I can't located the registry byt looking it manually (run, regedit....).

Misleading.SecurityMasterAV, Registry Key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3F2BBC05-40DF-11D2-9455-00104BC936FF}

At the moment there is no pop up asking me to buy the "FAKE PROGRAM" and there is no problem with any browsers at all. I understand it can running in the background and might able to steal personal data. This spyware is originated from Russia Federation. How can I delete this "registry"?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mikefinance,

You can use CCleaner to terminate all your corrupted registry entries, it supports Internet Explorer, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Finally, the program can delete the temporary documents of many applications such as eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Office, Nero, Acrobat, WinRAR, etc. You can get more suggestions on how to use Ccleaner from here - http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/533699.htm

I am using IOBIT Security360 version 1.45 PRO (paid). Now I do believe it is a ROGUE program.

Just suddenly I am getting 767 threats but none is detected by other major program such as MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware & AVAST 5.0 Internet Security.

I am asking for my money back. I will requesting from my credit card company.

P.S After it removed my threats, 1 showed up but then in couple scans later it showed 767 threats again.

Personally I believed it is a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!