Thread: HTC HD2 WIFI Connection Problem

HTC HD2 WIFI Connection Problem

I have recently bought HTC HD2 which has windows mobile 6.5 on it. The phone has Wifi capability but I am facing some problems with it. Whenever the phone is connected to any wireless router, it losses connectivity frequently. Also sometimes I am not able to search or join any wireless network on the phone. Hence I want to know how to solve the HTC HD2 wifi connection problem then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: HTC HD2 WIFI Connection Problem

Virus can be the reason behind the problem. Recently some applications which were made available for Windows mobile phones are containing virus programs which create lots of problems in using the phone. If possible, scan the mobile phone and check if there are any files which are infected by the virus. Clean all the files which are infected and then connect to the wireless network which is available.

Are there any 3rd party applications installed on the phone? Some applications when installed create problems in normal working of the Windows mobile operating system. Hence I will suggest that you remove all the 3rd party applications from the phone and then try to connect to the wireless networks which are available. If the 3rd party applications are creating problems in Wireless connection, removing them will solve the problem.

Try doing a soft reset and then check if you are able to connect to the wireless network. Sometimes the operating system on the phone gets stuck in a loop while executing certain command. If such a situation occurs then the certain features on the phone will not work properly on th phone. Performing a Soft reset will solve such a problem.

You will have to perform a hard reset on the phone. Hard reset means to restore the operating system on the phone. To perform a hard reset on the phone, click on start and select Setting. Now click on Restore to factory settings and let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, check the performance of the phone in wireless connectivity.

Hard Reset on the phone should solve the problem. Hard reset restores the factory default settings on the phone and hence all the devices should work properly after that. If still any problem is faced, you will have to get the phone replaced as it has some hardware problems.

Performing a hard reset on the phone really helped me in solving the problem. After installing the operating system on the phone again, I was able to connect to the wifi network without any problems. I suppose that the applications which is installed on the HTC was creating problem which was solved by hard reset. Thanks for all the help provided.