Thread: IP address issues in Snow Leopard

IP address issues in Snow Leopard

I am having the problems with my Livebox 2. Every day I encounter a crash and I have to reboot to regain access to the web or emails after a few hours of normal use. I feel strange that itunes does not encounter problems when flows start safari and mail.!! Sometimes, I have to just wait ten minutes until I get that activity via email and Safari, other times, the restart is required. The formula still exists on their site or my subscription is described as one with the TV. Please help me to fix this issue.!!

Re: IP address issues in Snow Leopard

On your Mac, what is (are) the DNS you use? The DNS orange are sometimes overloaded and restart the Livebox causes a change of DNS. The ideal would be to add the Open DNS and / or Google to the list of DNS Ethernet connection in System Preferences (> Network> Advanced button> DNS tab). An advantage of Mac OS X is that you can put more than 2 DNS server addresses on one connection (Airport, Ethernet, FireWire ,...).

On the sub, Orange can have access to the Orange TV via a satellite receiver (and buying a satellite dish) if the ADSL does not allow it but it is not mandatory. For all Orange TV packages (ADSL or satellite), there is a package without TV at the same price. Then there is a name but is same offer for the forms. There, where it could cause problems is if you had received the decoder and they took you the deposit. Concerning this problem, the situation is identical in all ISPs and, even worse, where you must keep the decoder.

When a computer is connected to the internet, the network is identified by a unique address: this is its IP address. This IP address changes each connection. It will be rare that you have twice the same, unless you have agreed to offer Internet Orange Pro with fixed IP address. It is possible that you need to know your IP address when using certain applications.
    • Mac OS 10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard
    • Mac OS 10.4, Tiger
    • Mac OS 8 and 9

Access to Internet when it will be managed by any box ISP. By helping you documentation of the box in question, make sure that the DHCP server has the IP in excluded and choose a fixed IP as your server. The goal is to provide our users with all necessary collaborative services such as shared calendar or address book, or even the dial to your business. Through this remote access we will need a valid domain name, I suggest you use a subdomain of your website. The selection of this domain is crucial. If you later want to provide opportunities for remote access you need to get closer to the body that manages your domain name.

The underlying information here is that the service AdressBook Server is expected to share information with multiple users on one machine (like MobileMe) but unfortunately do not share between users with different rights of access. There are different ways to overcome this problem :
    • Create a user account which only serves the common sharing of contact and each user has the password (and thus the read / write)
    • In the case of shared information on employees of one company (and therefore people with an account on each of the Open Directory Company) it is possible to use the corporate directory for consult the information sheets, but this is the read-only for all, users can change their personal details only if the administrator allows her the right.

You should have an idea that the DNS can translate URLs IP address for the server of our host. The use of radio functions directly from iTunes using IP addresses, which does not require the use of DNS. In addition, the presence of a cache named host file, which can temporarily retain the most used URLs and IP addresses. On the sub, Orange can have access to the Orange TV via a satellite receiver (and buying a satellite dish) if the ADSL does not allow it but it is not mandatory. For all Orange TV packages (ADSL or satellite), there is a package without TV at the same price. Then there is a name but is same offer for the forms. There, where it could cause problems is if you had received the decoder and they took you the deposit.