Thread: Using Molex Crimping tool for Ethernet Cable

Using Molex Crimping tool for Ethernet Cable

I have a Molex Crimping tool borrowed from my friend. I want to crimp a RJ46 cable to establish my own network. I want to connect some system with each other. There are two network cards are installed correctly and working. How to crimp a RJ45 cable and an RJ45 connector for putting computers in a network. The second thing I want to know is how to design a crossover cable.

Re: Using Molex Crimping tool for Ethernet Cable

For that fire you must have a sufficient length of cable FTP (but not too long). Two RJ45 ends which will be added on the end and a crimping tool which you have. After the bare wire of 2 cm at each end, one must separate the strands. In general, it has four twisted pairs of colors. They are as follows orange / orange-white, green / green-white, blue / blue-white and brown / brown-white.

The pair of cables for crimping must be set with the bits the same way at each end and respecting the distribution of the twisted pair connector. In general, the code used is somewhat like this, Orange-White then comes the Orange, Green-White and Blue, Blue-White and Green. The last pair is brown-white and Brown. You can then reverse the parties half and 3 / 6, so one side was the same wiring as above, and the other.

With the correspondence of the cable to the Ethernet 1.2 3.6 it you need a special pliers to crimp your cable. Otherwise your shielded cable will have a bad connection and do not let your behind too bare RJ. How far can we have max between an ADSL router and a HUB or a position. Otherwise it is an additional materials beyond the 100 m. What about the same for home theater system.

The maximum distance for UTP Cat 5 cable can be 90m. Beyond that you must add a network unit serving as a signal amplifier (repeater, hub, switch). To simplify for a cable use rj45. The maximum length for this is 90m or it must add a minimum hub. The problem is simple crossed pair, double, ground loop, double coating, with or without shielding.

The first thing you need is the Category 5 cable. They are found among resellers, electronics etc. You can also choose to shorten one supplied with the machine. More expensive, crimping pliers for RJ-45. It is relatively cheap. It has closer to the cusp of two blades supposed to strip the cable, the crimping and a cutting portion. The principle is simple one can make a short cable less than 15 cm connecting an airport terminal to a router.

You can get ready made Ethernet cable in your area. It is quiet popular and simple to use also. There is no need to use only a specific named hardware for this. You can just took the cable of your length needed and then use the same on your network. That would be the most simplest and easiest job. Personally, I use no part of a clip strippers, I'd rather work with a cutter, and cut 2 / 3 cm from the edge of the cable.