Thread: Infected Autorun.inf on Mac OS

Infected Autorun.inf on Mac OS

Hello,
    I found on one of my external hard drive the following file Autorun.inf, they are recognized as infected with ClamXav. These two files are locked (can not shoot the lock when we read the information). It is impossible to put them in the trash when I moved to an empty folder of DDE that's just duplicate it. any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Infected Autorun.inf on Mac OS

If you have windows on your machine, you installed an antivirus program like Microsoft critical security and you eradicate the virus. Otherwise, you ask a friend who has a healthy PC with Windows and you delete the virus from your external hard drive. I do not think that this is a mac virus. Still if you can scan your computer and remove the file, if not then just deleting the file can do the job.

Actually, it comes in a PC. when you connect a key AC copies itself and spreads well above, no risk to you. To delete: select the file, do "cmd + i" and uncheck the "locked", if it does not work I'll give it a command that I found from one of the blogs. It does not delete like that, because that will copy all the disks connected together with the Windows registry.

In your computer you open the application "Terminal" (Applications / Utilities)
    Then you type this
    Code:
    chflags [space] nouchg [space]
    As a result of that, you take the file and you unlock the window glides on the terminal and you get something like,
    Code:
    "user chflags / Users / Tom / Desktop / Capture your path "
    (double check the spaces to the right place.) ([Space] to replace is not a true space) then you press the button "enter" (carriage return key what )

Hello,
    I agree with the above post and if this does not work then, do the same but with this command
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo [space] chflags [space] nouchg [space]
    then you put the file, press enter, and you fit your password (it does not appear when you type CEST normal and you should be able to delete your files. Hope this will help you and you will find a way out of this.