Thread: want to get rid of deadly virus

want to get rid of deadly virus

Hello, I am ali. my pc is infected by deadly virus. I can't access propterties, of any programs. Task manger, control panel and run option is in accessable. i am using window xp professional service pack 2. I have some important data in my pc. I have full formatted my hard drive after copying data to other hard disk. every thing was fine. but when i copied the data back to my pc. Every thing come back to previous stage. that data contains virus. Any one please help me how to get rid of this idoit virus. I shall be thank full to you

Kind Regards

Ali

Re: want to get rid of deadly virus

Hello. I would recommend you to use a good and powerful antivirus tool that is Quick heal total security antivirus application. This tool has the tendency and ability to detect the dangerous threats that is affecting the system as well to remove it out fro the system. So do look for the same. You may then be able to get sort the query.

thankx I am using AVG 9 free adition but it won't detect this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    Download HijackThis. It is a program that can detect the most stubborn spyware and unwanted changes made to your system. To scan your computer, start HijackThis and perform a scan. HijackThis will display a list of areas of your computer may have been altered by spyware. Do not make any changes unless they are sure of the procedure. Post the results here.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    That indicates that the problem is with your AVG antivirus. Either it might be not updated, not working properly or it is not capable of catching the said deadly virus. So, the simple solution is to replace it with some good and updated antvirus program, before you need to format your system due to problems caused by the worm. You can find some good lists and options of antivirus to download here.

pcs365_12 Guest

idea Re: want to get rid of deadly virus

Download bitdefender and run it in safe mode and also download ccleaner and run it everyday after using internet to clean all unwanted files, folders and downloaded programs.

I intalled hijackthis is scaned my system. Here is log detail.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 4:54:52 PM, on 5/18/2010
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\RichVideo09.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorUpdate.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.crawler .com/search/dispa...=%s&tbid=60342
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://www.crawler .com/search/ie.aspx?tb_id=60342
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch = http://dnl.crawler .com/support/sa_c...spx?TbId=60342
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.crawler .com/search/ie.aspx?tb_id=60342
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://dnl.crawler .com/support/sa_c...spx?TbId=60342
    F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe,Documents.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareTerminator] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorShield.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareTerminatorUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminatorUpdate.exe"
    O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E2CF067E-0A2C-4548-AAC2-42F705D3D9F5}: NameServer = 210.2.177.7 210.2.177.6
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    O23 - Service: Spyware Terminator Realtime Shield Service (sp_rssrv) - Crawler.com - C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe

--
    End of file - 3997 bytes

Downloads ComboFix and install it.

• Temporarily disable any resident protection! (Antivirus, antispyware ..)
    • Double click ComboFix.exe.
    • Accept the license by clicking Yes.
    • When the transaction is complete, a report will appear. Post your report in your next reply.

The report can be found here: % Systemdrive% \ComboFix.txt (%Systemdrive% is the partition which is installed Windows; C: \ general)

I can suggest you Microsoft Security Essentials in this case. It is very uneven in its performance and protects your computer in real time against viruses, spyware and other malware. Most of all its free download from Microsoft . Easy to install and use, it is updated automatically to ensure effective protection your PC continuously. To see if your PC is secure, it's easy when the light is green, all is well. It's that simple!

pcs365_12 Guest

Hi,
    Is your issue resolved? if Yes, please do let us know on the forum page.

Thanks