Thread: ALFA Networks AWUS036H

ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Hello
    Can someone tell me if the card is receiving AWUSO36H on a computer or only on the Modem spaced transmitters? Are there similar products cheaper? I must unplug and then replug my wireless card (alfa AWUS036h) to be willing to hold myself netstumbler networks. And there the 2nd concern is that I simply list, I can not do anything with it (no wifi spectrum display when I double-click on a network). Help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Hello!!!
    You know tell us more about your config? In particular, the driver version you use (if you know) and especially your version of Windows (XP? Vista? 7?)! NetStumbler is known to not work (or not) under Vista, and I am not having idea about the Windows 7. Hope that you will provide the more specifications.!!

You can also try other similar programs, as inSSIDer or Vistumbler. Under XP I have no particular problem with the 36H, but I use probably not the same version of drivers that you. Netstumbler, you had thought of taking the right card in the menu "device"? Still, you should try to bypass the program that came with your Realtek card (with the icon "green bar" near the clock, 3rd from left), you will check the "Windows Zero Config" and you do right click> exit to turn the program, then you try again Netstumbler ... If it works Copied it and you want to reuse the program Realtek, you oaks and you uncheck "Windows Zero Config".

The Network Adapter Wireless USb Alfa AWUS036H amplifier is a bi-directional (it amplifies transmit and receive) high-power 500 milliWatts. The Alfa 500 is a wireless card high power and high sensitivity with a transmitter power of 500 mW, it is by no means an amplifier. The quality of reception depends on the sensitivity of the map (expressed in dBm) and gain of the antenna used (expressed in dBi). These factors are related to hardware, with a particular card, the one way to improve sensitivity is to use an antenna with higher gain.

The idea that a receiver can improve the reception is absolutely false. These are basic principles of radio. Regarding the second USB jack, it is actually just a supplementary power supply intended mainly to ensure backward compatibility of USB 1.1 card. With USB 2.0, the fact or not plug in the second decision will not change anything. A Notebook power is 90,100 watts in a power tower is 300 watts or more, this is not a consumer of 0.5 W will change much.

I would like to tell you that on the 2nd USB plug, it is actually just an extra power supply, mainly intended to ensure backward compatibility of USB 1.1 card. With USB 2.0, the fact or not plug in the second decision will not change anything. A Notebook power is 90,100 watts in a power tower is 300 watts or more, this is not a consumer of 0.5 W will change much.

Hello, yes you can use this wifi adapter / airport on your mac instead of integrated airport. The trick is to only connect one of the two USB ports needed for 100mw. Otherwise, the chipset of the wifi adapter is a Realtek RTL8187L you can then install the drivers for Mac OS X 10.5 (work very well under 10.6) available on the Realtek site. Once you have installed a small utility that you use to connect you to available networks. Basically you no longer use the system preference settings but airport utility Realtek.