Thread: No line-in sound in Remote Desktop

No line-in sound in Remote Desktop

Hello friends,

I need you need your help to resolve my confusion. I am having windows XP operating system on my office computer. I am often access my home PC from my office through Remote Desktop functionality. But I am getting some problem with it. I didn't hear the sound while using the remote desktop. I am not getting how to resolve this issue. If you posses any solution to resolve this problem then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: No line-in sound in Remote Desktop

I suggest you to check the headphone connection of your computer system. If your headphone is not properly connected or if there is any problem in headphone then you won't hear any sound . I also suggest you to check the system volume, make sure that it is no at mute. Please try out this solution and let me know if you still getting same issue or not.

The windows XP Professional integrates the Remote Desktop Control feature. So It seems that there might be some problem in your operating system. I think you need to try the reinstallation of your windows XP OS. I was also getting same sound problem with my system while using the remote desktop. And it got solved by reinstallation of OS.

I am also having same problem while accessing the remote desktop. Whenever I try to play the songs from the remote desktop I don't hear the sound. As per above suggestion I checked my headphone and it is working properly. I also reinstalled my operating system, but still getting identical audio issue. Does anyone know proper solution over this issue?

According to me you need to properly configure the configure RFP audio driver. It is possible that there may be some problem to the RFP audio drivers, and because of that you are not able to hear the sound while using the remote desktop. So reinstall the RFP audio driver. I hope it will solve your problem.

Please try with following solution:
    • Check your headphone, to see if it is working properly or not.
    • Try reinstallation of RFP audio driver.
    • Try reinstallation of your OS.

All your suggestion was very useful for resolving the remote desktop audio problem. I have reinstalled the RFP audio driver as per mentioned in the one of the above reply. And then I restarted my computer. Then when I access the remote desktop, the sound problem got solved. Thanks for all your help.