Thread: Belkin Gateway 4 Port Router, PCs lose router assigned IP if not used daily

Belkin Gateway 4 Port Router, PCs lose router assigned IP if not used daily

Hi,
    I have a Belkin Gateway 4 router on my system. I have broadband internet connection which I want to share the same on router. But the issue is after every reboot my ip is gone. I have to reconfigure and repair the same again and again. That does not work here. I am not so good in router setup but here I need some help for this issue. What should be done here.

Re: Belkin Gateway 4 Port Router, PCs lose router assigned IP if not used daily

The router are usually easy to configure. Most of them have default settings. Your network infrastructure is in place, it only remains now is to configure the router to open such a server FTP access or file sharing services. Before that happened, it must still go through a configuration phase, the router. It first verifies that our network connection in Windows is well recognized and can be accessed without incident at the interface of the router configuration.

First click on Start > Control Panel > Network Connections and then Local Area Connection. In the window that appears, click on Properties shows the default options for the connection. Then select Internet Protocol TCP / IP then click on Properties. Simply make sure the Windows DHCP is active without going into details too sharp, DHCP is a technology that allows to automatically assign an IP address to your computer when it joins a network.

In the Properties window of Internet Protocol (TCP / IP) check the boxes, obtain an IP address automatically and obtain DNS server address automatically. Then enter in the Advanced tab in the Properties window for the Local Area Connection. It clicks here under Firewall on the Settings button to disable the firewall software in Windows. Your router is equipped with a hardware firewall, the firewall software Windows becomes quite redundant and could cause conflicts with some applications using specific ports.

Your router is detected by Windows automatically. You just need to insert the driver cd and update the drive. Now, for those of you who have opted for the passage of their bridge mode ADSL modem, you must activate the PPPoE client router. Go for it in the configuration interface, under Setup > Basic Setup > Internet Connection Type select it here and then seize the PPPoE login name (User Name) and password to login (Password). It is better to activate the option Keep Alive, which automatically reconnects your DSL line in case of power failure.

Security remains the number one problem when creating a network as default no security is active. Since almost anyone can join your wireless network and then use your Internet connection, but also access your shared folders without you even noticing. There are several types of protection. The first, most basic, but also the easiest to implement is to filter access by MAC address. This can be some virus issue on your system.

Try to update the driver of your router and LAN support. Your settings are not getting saved due to which your network settings losses frequently. You can try to use any third party router configuration tool which can help you to keep your router settings working. There are various tools. Basically check your pc for any virus infection issue and then try back.