Thread: BT4 Vmware USB Arbitrator Error

BT4 Vmware USB Arbitrator Error

Hi,
    I am facing issue on backtrack Vmware connection issue. I am getting connection error issue. First of all I am not able to create a network on my server. I have a Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Adapter on my system and some system connected to network where I am not able to access the same. I a new to this setup which does not work well in setting up bridge network also. How to work on that.

Re: BT4 Vmware USB Arbitrator Error

I had too faced a similar issue with the version 7 of Vmware. So for that I had downgraded to old version of 6.5 which does not help in most of the case. I am not able to find out the root cause of the issue. In other cases the VMwaer has found 3 usb devices and still after working on other system the error comes out. I am too getting error on the same.

The bridge is going to route packets from machines in the group left to right if necessary, and vice verse. A bridge can be used for example to link two groups of machines located in two different rooms, or even on two floors of your business. Note that you can for example create a bridge with a wireless connection. You will need to learn more on this.

The bridge will pass the packets that arrive on the card eth0 to wlan0 and thus arrive on the wi-fi on the second floor. One of the interests of network bridge is not having to manage a routing table. The bridge will work just like a switch. It is necessary that your ethernet card and / or WiFi can switch to promiscuity, meaning it can stream all packets transiting the network, including those who did not addressed.

I was having a hard for ages to use USB devices on VMware, the solution is here. Edit / etc / init.d / mountdevsubfs.sh. Uncomment the 4 lines after # Magic to make / proc / bus / usb work. The command is Run / etc / init.d / mountdevsubfs.sh. After, that it works for me, he must first connect the USB device, start the virtual machine and then go in VM / Removable Devices / USB Device and activate the device. It is not Plug & Play, but that's something.

You have to go tab VM and lowest option Install VMware Tools and choose the various accessories that you want to install. I use the latest version of VMWare Server. Go in menu VM \ Removable Devices \ USB devices when I turn my key, a device appears under the name: Anonymous USB Device. From here you can try to configure your device.

To have internet on the virtual machine, you can use the NAT mode, you will have the net without problem. But as you precise, your VM will not be seen from outside web server not possible, for example.It will be the vmware bridge mode, what I'm looking for virtualbox which is not available in the network settings of the virtual machine. It may be carried by a connecting bridge in Network Connections in Windows XP and by the virtual machine host network adapter which allows you to attach to a network adapter virtualbox created in Windows.