Thread: Unable to access internet on BackTrack 4

Unable to access internet on BackTrack 4

hello everyone i have been using a desktop computer which is dually booted with windows XP as well as Backtrack. Most probably i use the backtrack 4. But to my surprise i found yesterday that i am not able to access any website through my system while i use backtrack. What is the problem i do not know. please help me to solve this internet problem.
    Last edited by Crooked; 07-05-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Re: Unable to access internet on BackTrack 4

This is probably because of the corruption of the drivers and hence you need to reinstall the drivers on your system. Also Reinstall the drivers for network, from the Driver CD which you received from the computer vendor. You can also get the drivers online try to download the drivers from the official website of the manufacturer.

Sometimes it may happen that the network may not be available due to some maintenance activity under going in your locality by the internet service provider. So it would be better if you try to take help from the Internet service provider and also verify whether it is due to maintenance or may be your network gone bad.

If you are using Backtrack so you must be aware that backtrack does not start any operation on its own and hence i will suggest you to start networking by yous self. For starting the network you will have to go to the menu then select Network and finally click on start network and wait for some time and you are done.

Normally, when you uninstall the graphics driver, even when your screen is "light". I think that at this level graphics will be ugly.
    Please let me know how do you do to uninstall the driver. Anyways i would suggest you to use the ccleaner on your system to remove the drivers and then reinstall them.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It appears as you are facing this problem because you Network cable is not properly connected so i would advice you to connect it once again. If even after reconnecting the network cable your problem persists then it may have been damaged and hence you are not able to get connected to the internet so change the cable.

I think that this problem is due to the following reason so try to resolve one of the problem mentioned below:

• The first possibility is that your network cable is cut at a place (Isaiah to connect you with another pc)
    • secondly try to assign a different IP address
    • Check if the cable is not intact change it