Thread: Nokia e63 wlan connection with bsnl broadband modem

Nokia e63 wlan connection with bsnl broadband modem

I am facing a weird problem while connecting my Nokia E63 phone with the BSNL modem. I have a BSNL broadband connection which is connected to the computer. The internet works properly on the computer but I am not able connect my phone with the router to access Internet. Whenever I try to connect the phone to the router, it gives an error message saying "No gateway reply". Therefore if anybody can help me in setting up Nokia e63 wlan connection with bsnl broadband modem then it would be really very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia e63 wlan connection with bsnl broadband modem

First check if the router is configured properly. For sharing the same internet connection on different devices, it is necessary to configure the router properly. If the router is not configured properly, the internet connection cannot be shared on different devices. To check if the router is configured properly or not, login to the router using the default IP address of the router. Open the configuration page and check the settings which are configured. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the phone is getting connected or not.

As you are not able to connect the phone to the router using the Wireless connectivity, you can connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable and see if you are able to access the Internet on the phone. Sometimes the router is not able to detect the devices when they are connected using Wifi connection. Hence connecting the phone using USB cable might help in solving such issue.

I was also facing the same problem with the E series phone which I am using. The phone was not able to connect to the router and gave similar errors while connection. I tried to find the solution to the problem and finally found out that the firmware of the phone is corrupt and hence I am not able to establish connection with the router. Get the firmware of the phone updated and you will not face the same problem again.

The error which you are getting indicates that the router is configured in the bridged mode. In bridge mode, only one device which is connected to the router can access internet through the router and this is the reason why you are getting "no gateway reply". Change the mode of operation of the router and see if the phone is able to connect to the router.

I want to change the mode of the router but dont know how to go about it. Can you guide me step by step inorder to change the mode of the router. I got the default IP address and the authentication information from the user manual of the router but dont know how to login to the router. So please help.

Try the following configuration on the router and see if the configuration works for sharing the internet connection.
    • Login to the router and go to Configuration page.
    • Click on Interface Setup and select Wireless
    • Enable the Wireless MAC address Filter by clicking on the "Active"
    • Now add mac address of your phone in the Mac Address #1 coloumn.
    • Also add mac address of the laptop in the Mac Address #2 coloumn.
    • Assign static IP address and default gateway for the phone.

Save the settings and reboot the router.