Thread: Virus on my Dell Laptop

Virus on my Dell Laptop

Hi,
    I have a Dell laptop which some 6 months old. I am using Windows on it and for some days I had given the same to my friend. I think there is a virus in the system. First of all my messenger gets hanged when a popup comes out. This had never happened before. I had installed Hijackthis and found some unknown services. I need some more help in tracking this threats in my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Virus on my Dell Laptop

Check your system for any hack tools. Many time downloading from untrusted zones provides malicious software. This tools that can be used by hackers to infect the computer or access. The best example for this can be detection of a RiskTool is the user to assess whether it is harmful or not. So here you might need to checkout each service particularly.

It is possible that your system is infected with malwares. For example, malware can spread through MSN (IM-Worm), but also removable disks (Worm.Autorun), in the case of a scan VirusTotal, we can then get the virus names / types. So if you have malwares in your system them I will recommend you to use super antispyware. It is best tool for this virus.

A backdoor is a malware which is responsible for enabling remote control so hackers turning the PC in question Zombie PC . The malware may be a simple process or a rootkit. Similarly, the manner of acquisition of control may be different. For example, a Backdoor.IRC, the takeover is done from an IRC network, while other controls can be done via HTTP etc.

There are tons of threats which is impossible to catch manually. Like some time before I had got a strange virus in my system. It is called as loodhound.Exploit.196 or Exploit HTML. On searching various sites I found that most of the time it lies in the Internet cache. Thus serves as a springboard to infect a PC by exploiting a flaw in the system or third party software.

Like Exploit.pdf there are more viruses. Like Exploit.Win32.Pdf.G, exp, pdf, mal, etc. Other than this there is a similar swf files which is a similar cause of virus. The most commons are worms and rootkits. I will recommend you to install a internet security that will help you to deal with viruses in a much better way. You can just run the scan under safe mode.

johnspells Guest

You should purchase a good anti virus program and scan your pc with all drives. It might be happen that some where there can be any virus which is there. It can be increase as the time will go so better you scan it, and download a good software which are safe to use. Always use licensed version of anti virus and update it regularly. I hope this will help you.