Thread: "Online Protection Tool" popup on mac

"Online Protection Tool" popup on mac

Is there anybody who can get this out of my mac mini. Actually i have bought this mac mini in 2006 and i am using mozilla firefox on this mini and i think it has been infected by some kind of trojans. And found that there are online removal programs for only windows users and nothing for the mac. How to get rid of it now? Help would be much appreciated.

Re: "Online Protection Tool" popup on mac

"Online Protection Tool" is a pop up on clicking which you would be forced to install an anti virus software which is in fact a fake anti virus software. It shows an infection on your computer which are not there on your computer. As you mac mini has been infected by some viruses because of which you are getting such pop ups on your mini's screen.

Do not worry at all as i have provided you the link which redirects you to the web page from where you can download an iAntiVirus for free which is a good software to make your mac os x safe from the viruses. It is latest version of this software and i think you should clear all the viruses of your mac os x by using this software. And yes, It is not a Fake One... Click on the name of an iAntiVirus to download it.

I guess this "Online Protection Tool" pop up must be coming on your mac mini whenever you start the browsing by using the Mozilla Firefox browser on your system. I think you should uninstall the firefox on your mac mini and then reinstall the fresh copy of the same browser which might help you to get rid of this annoying pop ups. It could be happening because of an infections in a browser.

I think you need good software to secure the version of mac os x that you are using on your mac mini. Norton Anti Virus is most common security software which has been used to save the mac os from all the kind of viruses. I have given you the way from where you can download the latest copy of Norton Anti Virus, Just click on the name of this software.

I suggest you that you should never click on an "Online Protection Tool" pop up this pop up will take you to the web page which might be infected by some viruses. If not then there you would be offered to download that particular anti virus software which will be infected and it would be fake anti virus software. So never click on the pop ups which are shown to your while browsing an internet as it keeps on coming whenever you visit an infected web pages.

the system get stuck at loading personal settings how must i download something f i cant access my pc

Dylan18 Guest

What about me,i use ProteMac NetMine.It's firewall for Mac.It's helps me a lot,for protect my Mac.

Hello there, are you experiencing any problem with the firewall. If yes, then kindly specify the same.