Thread: WiFi Router Icon Missing on HTC HD2

WiFi Router Icon Missing on HTC HD2

Hello there, I have just bought a HTC HD2 Windows phone which has version 6.5 installed on it. The phone is working great but I am not able to find the Wifi button on the router. The phone is having T mobile connection. I referred the user manual but the button is not present for where it is suppose to be and hence I am feeling that the phone is faulty. So if anybody has any ideas about WiFi Router Icon Missing on HTC HD2 then please share some information.

Re: WiFi Router Icon Missing on HTC HD2

Probably there is some problem with the firmware of the phone due to which the phone is not working properly. Firmware of the phone is nothing but the operating system which like any other software can get corrupt. If any of the file of the operating system is corrupt then the phone will not function properly. Therefore take the phone to the service center and get the firmware of the phone updated. Once the firmware of the phone is updated you will not face the same problem again.

Try doing a soft reset and see if the phone works properly. Sometimes the operating system of the phone gets stuck in some loop while executing any application of the phone. If such a situation occurs then some features of the phone will not work properly and hence will give rise to problems which are similar to one which you are facing. Soft reset will bring the phone out of the loop. To do a soft reset, shut down the phone and remove the battery. Press the small reset button using the Stylus. Replace the battery and see if the Wifi button is visible or not.

The HTC HD2 which is available with T mobile connection does not have the Wifi router application installed on it and hence the button is not visible on the phone. The Wifi router button is a plugin which has to be installed on the phone separately. You can download the plugin from the official website of HTC and then install it on the phone using the computer. After installing the plugin, the wifi router button will be visible on the phone.

Thanks for sharing this information. As suggested I downloaded the Wifi button plugin and then installed it on phone. After installing the plugin now the Wifi button is visible on the phone and works great. I am able to almost all the networks but I am not able to connect to some networks at all. What can be the reason for such a behavior? Please help.

I am glad the solution worked for you. The application plugin which is available for HTC HD2 can only connect to networks which are working on WPA or WEP encryption. If the network is working on WPA2 encryption then the phone will not be able to connect to the network and hence you are not able to connect to some networks.

can you tell me exactly where i can find the wifi router plugin from HTC's official website ? ( post the link if necessary).

Use following steps to set up your phone as a wireless router.
    1. Tap Start > Wi-Fi Router.
    2. The first time you open Wi-Fi Router, a brief introduction describing the application is displayed. Tap Next.
    3. On the Wi-Fi Router screen, set up the phone's Wi-Fi network by entering a Network name and a 10-digit WEP key. You can also use the provided default Network name and WEP key.
    4. In Internet Connection, select the data connection your phone uses to access the Internet, and then tap Start.