Thread: Regarding AR800V v 3.0 WLAN problem

Regarding AR800V v 3.0 WLAN problem

I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system and has a BSNL broadband connection provided by AR800v wireless router. The desktop computer is wired to the router. I have a laptop which is running on Windows 7 operating system and I want to share the same internet connection with the laptop. I tried to connect to the router using a Wireless connection but I am not able to access Internet on the laptop. Therefore if anybody has some information Regarding AR800V v 3.0 WLAN problem then please share it as it will be useful in solving the issue.

Re: Regarding AR800V v 3.0 WLAN problem

Many of the ISP's do not allow sharing of same connection between two computers. Hence I would suggest that you contact the customer support of BSNL and check if the sharing of connection is allowed or not. To prevent sharing of connection, the many ISP's track the MAC address of all the computers which are connected to its network. Tracking MAC address helps the ISP to differ services to the computers which are connected to its network.

The default IP version of Windows 7 operating system is IPv6 while the default IP version of Windows Xp is IPv4. If two computers working on this two operating system are connected together on the same network, then the problem of protocol mismatch will rise. To avoid protocol mismatch, you will have to disable the IPv6 support of Windows 7. To disable the IPV6 support, go to LAN properties and select TCP/IP properties. Remove the check mark from the option which says "Enable IPv6 support". Save and apply the settings. See if you are able to connect to the router or not.

Have you configured the router properly? For sharing the same internet connection using a Wireless router, the router needs to be configured properly. If the router is not configured properly, devices will not be able to connect to the router. Contact the ISP and get the correct configuration of the router from them. Login to the router and open the configuration page. Check if the router is configured properly according to the settings which is provided by the ISP. If there are any changes to be made, do it and save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if it works.

Network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining connection to the network. If the network interface card is faulty then the laptop will not be able to establish or maintain the connection to the network. Hence check if the network card is faulty or not. Click on Start and select Run. Now type "ping 127.0.0.1" in the run tab and hit enter. Now check the data loss in while sending and receiving data. Ideally there should be no error while sending or receiving data. If there is any error, then you will have to replace the Network interface card of the laptop as it is faulty.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, then the device will not work properly. Right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the network adapter and check if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if it works. If the troubleshooting does not help, try and update the drivers for the network adapter.

sirajcmr Guest

CHeck this link for more information:

Setup Internet and Wireless Internet on BSNL AR800V v3.0 ADSL Modem