Thread: Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mac fails to load after MacBook shuts down

Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mac fails to load after MacBook shuts down

I am having an issue with the kaspersky which is not loading after a shut down. Actually i was using the kaspersky 8.0.1.358 for Macbook pro and recently updated to to version 8.0.2.46. i have successfully uninstalled the older version and installed the new version which was working all fine. But Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mac fails to load after MacBook shuts down and when rebooted the system it is not responding and K is appearing in System tray. So help me.
    Last edited by bharti_rajpal; 15-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Re: Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mac fails to load after MacBook shuts down

I am unable to get you as you are having the issue with the loading of the Kaspersky but still you are getting the K icon on the system tray which means the application is running. Have you tried to get into the menu by opening the same? Are you able to select preference for instance? Provide all this info so that we can find the solution for same.

No actually K is not there in the system tray i have by mistakely written about it. I am unable to open the Menu from the same as there are no icon of the same. I have tried installing and uninstalling of the same most of the time but no help. so if possible then advise me about this as i have got licensed version of same and don't want to spoil it.

Ok in that case just run the command which i am giving you and let me know what output you are getting. Just open the terminal and then run the "ls -l /Library/LaunchDaemons/" in the same and the output which will appear copy that and post the same here so that i can found the solution of your issue.
    Last edited by Marthaz; 15-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthaz View Post
    Ok in that case just run the command which i am giving you and let me know what output you are getting. Just open the terminal and then run the "ls -l /Library/LaunchDaemons/" in the same and the output which will appear copy that and post the same here so that i can found the solution of your issue.
    Going through the command which you have told me i am getting the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 root 502 761 30 Jan 11:55 com.kaspersky.kav.plist

Thanks for posting the output as we have got the main cause of your issue. It seems that you are having the wrong access of com.kaspersky.kav.plist.. So to solve your issue just run the "sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kaspersky.kav.plist" and if asked for root password then enter the same. Now reboot the system and check whether application is working for you or not.

If the above commance is not working for you then try to run the "sudo cp /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kaspersky.kav.plist /System/Library/LaunchDaemons" and "sudo chown root:wheel /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kaspersky.kav.plist" and restart the system. It will work for your issue. Thanks