Thread: Create a LAN with 450TC1 Router on airtel broadband

Create a LAN with 450TC1 Router on airtel broadband

Hello there, I want to setup a small home network which will consist of two desktop computers and 1 laptop. All the computers are running on Windows XP operating system. Currently I an airtel 512 Kbps connection which is provided by a Beetel 450TC1 router. So I want to know how to share the same connection on different computers. Also I want to Create a LAN with 450TC1 Router on airtel broadband. So please help in solving this issue.

Re: Create a LAN with 450TC1 Router on airtel broadband

Before implementing any hardware to share the connection between the computer, contact your Internet service provider and ask if the sharing of connection is allowed or not. Many of the ISP's do not allow the sharing of same connection on different computers. ISP's track the MAC address of all the computers which are connected to the network. Tracking of MAC address helps the ISP to differentiate services to different users. Hence if the sharing is not allowed then there is no use in implementing any hardware solutions.

The router which you are using has 4 Ethernet ports which can be used to connect the computers on the LAN. To connect all the computers on LAN, connect all the computers to the router using an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet cable. Once all the computers are connected using the Ethernet cable, go to the network connection on all the computers and open the TCP/IP utilities. Now configure the IP address to all the computers manually belonging to same subnet. Save the configuration. Now all the computers will be on LAN.

If you configure the IP address of all the computers manually then the internet will not work on any of the computer. The Airtel broadband connections requires the router to run DHCP. Due to DHCP, all the computers which are connected to the router will have dynamic IP's. Therefore you will not be allowed to configure the IP address to all the computers manually. Change the TCP/IP settings of all the computers to obtain IP address automatically. Also enable the Wireless on the router as you can connect the laptop to the router using Wifi.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I connected the two desktops to the router using the Ethernet cable and enabled Wireless on the router. In the TCP/IP utilities, I selected the option to obtain the IP address dynamically. Now I am able to access internet on all the computers and even share data on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by Christia View Post
    Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I connected the two desktops to the router using the Ethernet cable and enabled Wireless on the router. In the TCP/IP utilities, I selected the option to obtain the IP address dynamically. Now I am able to access internet on all the computers and even share data on the network.
    Hi Christia,
    i have tried everyhing but still LAN communicatin is not happening.Have u done any changes on router configuration.
    thanks in anticipation.