Thread: VPN PPTP- cannot connect

VPN PPTP- cannot connect

hi there.

i have configured a VPN PPTP but i am having issues. I can connect remotely to the VPN tunnel BUT I CANNOT connect to the PC that is connected in the network (i.e., ping or tracert will yield a request time out).

I have attached a PDF diagram of how i did it (hope this make sense). also i made a simple block diagram of my setup.

anyway, base on the attached diagram, this is what i did. from PC-TEST (IP: 10.1.1.200), i have established a connection using VPN, but if I PING or TRACERT the PC-A (IP:10.1.1.100), the result is a request time out.

so my question is, WHY is it that i cannot have a PING or TRACERT success between PC-TEST and PC-A

i would assume that 1723/tcp port is open since i was able to established a VPN connection, but i am not sure if 47/ip port is open, although i have set the VPN passthrough enable in my gateway (Linksys WAG200G).

also, all firewalls are disabled (McAfee firewall and Windows firewall). In the LinkSys WAG200G firewall as well is disabled.

|---------- INTERNET -------------------|
    | PC-TEST
    Linksys WAG200G
    |
    |
    DLink DIR-130
    |
    |
    PC-A

Hoping for your help. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: VPN PPTP- cannot connect

A VPN network is based on a protocol called tunneling protocol. This protocol allows information flow from the company in encrypted from one end to another tunnel. The data to be transmitted can be supported by a different protocol Ip. In this case, the tunneling protocol encapsulates the data by adding a header. Tunneling is the entire process of encapsulation, transmission and unwrapped. Your router might not respond in middle to some issue. You will need to reconfigure that.