Thread: Port block Problem

Port block Problem

I am using a wireless internet connection on my laptop. I had noticed some incoming connections on my network. I wanted to know if it was possible without using a firewall or software well with those who are bundled with Windows. Because I just tried with the firewall built into Windows and I have not found a way to block a port. What is a better suggestion for this.

Re: Port block Problem

You can create a filter rule with Kerio (you can learn how to configure Kerio generally here: configure Kerio ) to block the main ports that can be used to pirate attacks. We will block in our example that the inbound (application to a remote machine to your machine), but you can block very well in both directions not all ports, however, it depends on the use of your PC software contained therein.

Yes I will also recommend using Kerio. Begin by starting Kerio, and then left click on Network Security. Then click the button called Filter. A new window will open. For now there is no filter rule has been created. Click the Add button. Start by naming your rule. Here I have named Blocking main ports. We will block ports for all applications that use them, so choose from the list Any Application. You can save on future actions blocked ports in a log file by clicking the checkbox Log.

I do not know If its the right section being given that I do not know if it is a virus or a problem internal to my computer, but this is what happens. My laptop worked very well, no particular problem, and very few applications on it. I connected my portable hard drive on it (like every time I am working on it) and suddenly the mouse will not respond well, my graphics tablet either, and SD either. None of my USB ports no longer responds.

First can specify under what system turns your PC. If you use your external drive on other machines it's possible that he was infected by a virus, however, you can begin by trying to use a system restore point before the problem started (not throwing any mode Safe mode if it works). Iif use restore point is not possible or does not resolve the problem trying to boot into Safe Mode to do a virus scan.

You can try Emsa Port Blocker utility. It is a nice alternative for this. You can just block unwanted access to your computer via it. It is not a firewall but a dedicated port blocker utility. You can simply prohibit a TCP access to some ports and ip address which are trying to get access to your system. You can also monitor current active connections.