Thread: Can not connect to new DSL modem via ethernet, only via wifi

Can not connect to new DSL modem via ethernet, only via wifi

I am having the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. I am facing the problem with connecting to the internet through this laptop using the ethernet port. The internet is not working on the laptop when connecting using the ethernet port. But it works when i am connecting using the WLAN of the laptop. So give some solution for this issue.

Re: Can not connect to new DSL modem via ethernet, only via wifi

You are having the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop and it has the Windows Vista operating system and you are not able to connect to the internet using the ethernet port of the laptop. And using the WiFi the laptop works properly and connect to the internet. I think there is some connection error. So check the connection properly.Make sure the LAN cable is connected properly to the DSL modem and the ethernet port of the laptop.

May be the LAN cable you are using for connecting the DSL modem and the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop is damaged and it is not working. So try connecting using other LAN cable and see that it works or not. I want to ask you that the laptop shows that it is connected to the internet or not when you are connecting the DSL modem using the ethernet port of the laptop. So revert back as soon as possible.

If the laptop is not showing the connection status as connected to the modem when you are connecting the modem to the Ethernet port of the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop then may be the ethernet port of the DSL modem is not working properly. So connect to another port of the modem. There are 4 port available on the DSL Modem.

If you are not able to connect to the internet in the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop even after trying all the 4 ports of the DSL modem then i think there is problem with the ethernet port of your Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop. You can check it by connecting to some other model with the LAN cable. So according to me it is the time to repair it but its better to replace the ethernet card of the laptop.

You are saying that you are able to connect to the internet using the WiFi of the laptop and not connecting to the internet using the ethernet of the Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop. Now it is clear that there is issue with the ethernet port of your laptop. According to me you should contact to the Toshiba for resolving this issue of the ethernet port of your laptop.