Thread: My antivirus status is not correctly detected by Security Center on Vista

My antivirus status is not correctly detected by Security Center on Vista

I am a Windows Vista user. I am having some serious problem with my system. Actually, i am using AVG antivirus since a long time on my Vista operating system and it use to detect my security status every time. But from last few days, it is not. I got some virus on my pc, AVG is not working properly but Windows security system is showing all proper. Do you guys have any idea why Windows Security system is not able to detect my Antivirus status properly ? Also help me out to fix the same.. Thanks in advance.

Re: My antivirus status is not correctly detected by Security Center on Vista

The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a system that tries to make it easier for IT managers in the task of managing an enterprise network. WMI is therefore a scalable management infrastructure that is standard from Windows 2000. WMI is based on the initiative in business administration through the Web. But besides all this, WMI also allows to obtain and / or establish information resources of a computer

All current antivirus report their status to the Windows Security Center via WMI. If the WMI repository is damaged or corrupted the antivirus will be impossible to adequately inform their state the Security Center.

I am also facing this problem since last couple of days. Its Windows XP SP3 and am using Norton Security.

I also reinstalled my antivirus, guessing problem might be with my antivirus program, but still the problem exists. Please let me know how to fix it out. Thank you !!!

To begin to diagnose whether it is necessary to repair the WMI repository, we can use the Diagnostic utility is a script that Microsoft has developed to help in this task. The script creates a log file in the directory "temp" (default directory) of our profile once it has completed its work

To fix it we have several methods depending on the version of Windows you have. For Windows XP SP3, we can use the following command:
    Code:
    rundll32 wbemupgd, UpgradeRepository

We must execute this command in the command prompt (Start / Run / cmd) and is used to detect and repair any inconsistencies in the WMI repository. The end result of the operation will be reflected in a log located in the directory: Windows \ system32 \ wbem \ logs

In Windows XP you can also try to reinstall the WMI components, by typing in start / run this command:
    Code:
    rundll32.exe setupapi, InstallHinfSection WBEM 132% windir% \ inf \ wbemoc.inf
    If you have SP3 installed, we will ask for installation CD with SP3 integrated, but we had it we can go to the Windows \ ServicePackFiles \ i386 ยท where we will have a copy of some of the files you need for the same.

To fix out the problem in Windows Vista, you can follow the command:
    winmgmt / salvagerepository
    Type this command at a command prompt with elevated privileges to do this click on the logo of Windows, we're going to All Programs, Accessories look for the logo of "prompt" (CMD) and we click on the button Right-click on the icon to select "Run as administrator."

In all versions of Windows is very important to verify that the Path variable contains at least the following variables:
    "% SystemRoot% \ system32;% SystemRoot%% SystemRoot% \ System32 \ Wbem"
    To verify this we click the right mouse button on my computer> properties> advanced tab> environment variables button and double click on the Path variable, to ensure that these routes are.