Thread: Avast4workstation error on ubuntu 9.10 amd64

Avast4workstation error on ubuntu 9.10 amd64

Hi there, I have installed the Avast to my ubuntu-9.10 and it was working all fine with the same but suddenly today it start giving me the error i.e.
    "/usr/bin/avast: 178: /usr/lib/avast4workstation/bin/avast: not found". I have installed the same with the command of Linux. So if you know how to fix the same then let me know about Avast4workstation error on ubuntu 9.10 amd64 . Thank you.

Re: Avast4workstation error on ubuntu 9.10 amd64

For that just do as i said . Just open the terminal and then type "sudo dpkg -r avast4workstation" on the same and after that it will uninstall the same and after that just do one thing go to then User/ share folder and remove the entry from there also. After following all the same let me know that you problem is resolved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake08 View Post
    For that just do as i said . Just open the terminal and then type "sudo dpkg -r avast4workstation" on the same and after that it will uninstall the same and after that just do one thing go to then User/ share folder and remove the entry from there also. After following all the same let me know that you problem is resolved or not.
    I have did the same as you are talking about and after typing the command and going through the removal of the Avast from the folder it is containing no help.

I think that it is not the issue of the avastgui which is giving you the error. The scanning starts normally but in between scanning some thing is there which might be crashing the same. So check for the possible area where the scan stops and after that scan the area with the AVAST and not with the avastgui. So do the same and let me know about the same.

Hey i think that i have sorted out this my own as it seems to be the issue of the Update which is causing the Avast crash. Actually the update is interrupting the avast to complete the scanning. so i have stopped the update of the same and after that the Avast scanning completed successfully. All thanks for helping me out for this issue.

Its been a good news that you have sorted out your own. And the reply about your success is appreciable that you have informed the you have got the solution of the same so that other can get the advantage of the solution if they are also going through the same problem. If possible then post the complete solution in detail.