Thread: Strange report on Ubuntu 9.10

Strange report on Ubuntu 9.10

I have recently installed the Ubuntu 9.10 on the Windows Xp running machine with the Avast Linux home edition. I have kept for scanning. After the finishing of the Scan i have got some millions of virus residing in my computer which i was unable to understand. So if any one can help me then help me with the Strange report on Ubuntu 9.10 Thanks in advance.

Re: Strange report on Ubuntu 9.10

First let me clear some important aspect of the same so that i can understand the problem that you are having. Is this error is with the AvastGUI or the pure avast report the same. Also let me know which version you are using i.e. 32 bit or the 64 bit version of the Windows. so provide this detail then i can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthaz View Post
    First let me clear some important aspect of the same so that i can understand the problem that you are having. Is this error is with the AvastGUI or the pure avast report the same. Also let me know which version you are using i.e. 32 bit or the 64 bit version of the Windows. so provide this detail then i can help you.
    I am using the 32 bit of the Windows and got the error on the Avast terminal. So i think this is what you are looking for to provide me the correct answer.

As per your problem it seems that there is something went wrong on the userbin . So try to /usr/bin/avast script where you you will get the FAILSAFE option that force the application to use the libraries. and not allowing the system library. So edit the same and let me know whether it is working for you or not.

I have gone to the folder which you have told me and got some codes but don't where to make the changes so tell me where to make the changes in the given below code.
    Code:
    #if test `uname -m` = "x86_64" ; then
    #    # use all included libraries when running on 64bit platform
    #    AVAST_FAILSAFE=1
    #fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sawan123 View Post
    I have gone to the folder which you have told me and got some codes but don't where to make the changes so tell me where to make the changes in the given below code.
    Code:
    #if test `uname -m` = "x86_64" ; then
    #    # use all included libraries when running on 64bit platform
    #    AVAST_FAILSAFE=1
    #fi
    Just change the VAST_FAILSAFE=1 line below the #fi that will help you with the same issue which you are getting.