Thread: Trojan.Agent-142482 & Trojan.Dropper-24449

Trojan.Agent-142482 & Trojan.Dropper-24449

I have been using Clamwin antivirus on my Windows Xp computer for a while now but have never faced such problems with it before. It had never detected any threat on the computer and I assumed that the computer is clean but when I did a full system scan on the computer, the following files were detected for having virus's.
    C:\I386\notepad.exe: Trojan.Agent-142482 FOUND
    C:\Program Files\Dell\DBRM\osmedia\I386\notepad.exe: Trojan.dropper-24449 FOUND.
    I cant figure out if this a false positive detection or the files are really infected. So I want to know how to remove Trojan.Agent-142482 & Trojan.Dropper-24449 virus from the computer. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Trojan.Agent-142482 & Trojan.Dropper-24449

The files which the antivirus has detected as infected are all system files which are more prone to virus infections. It is possible that the files are infected by some kind of virus and hence the antivirus is detecting them. Install some other updated antivirus on the system and do a full system scan. See if the same files are detected as virus threat on the computer. If detected, then repair the files which are infected and see if the problem is solved.

Download the latest virus definition for the antivirus which is installed on the computer. It is possible that the virus definition of the antivirus which you are using is not up to date to repair all the files which are infected. The virus definition needs to be up to date to clean all the infected files. Hence download the latest virus definition from the official website and then do a full system scan on the computer. If there are any files which are infected, check if it can be repaired or not. Updating the virus definition will solve the problem.

I was also facing the same problem with the ClamWin antivirus which I is installed on my computer. The antivirus detects all the system files as a virus threat when full system scan is done. It is nothing but a false positive detection. You will have to report the false positive detection to the Clamwin developers. To report the false positive detection, visit the official website of the Clamwin antivirus and upload the files which are detected as threat to the website. If the file is really infected, solution will be provided else the file is reported as safe file.

It is not a false detection issue but the system is really infected with a Trojan. Trojan cannot be removed using a normal antivirus and hence Clamwin is unable to remove the virus. You will have to download a special Trojan removing tool on the computer. Search for the trojan removal tool corresponding to the name of the trojan and download it. Install the removal tool and boot the system in safe mode. Run the removal tool and remove all the files which are infected. After removing all the threats, boot the system normally and do a full system scan. See if the threats are detected again or not.