Thread: Error occured while scanning: ScanDesc: Can not write to file

Error occured while scanning: ScanDesc: Can not write to file

I have seen this error many times when i try to open PDF attachments came up with my mails. Though i have never forced it to open it up but i would like to know about this error as i have lost some of an attachments in which i was pretty interested. I have installed windows xp on this computer and using outlook 2007 as an email client.
    Last edited by Elijah2010; 10-04-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Re: Error occured while scanning: ScanDesc: Can not write to file

It might happen that the email which you are trying to open would be having some kind of viruses in it because of which it is not getting opened on your computer system. Have you tried to scan this email so that you can confirm it that is it infected or not. Once it has been detected as an infected one then i suggest you to remove it as soon as possible so that your computer does not gets infected by the same.

There could be some kind of problem in your outlook 2007 because of which the mail you are trying to access by using the outlook is not opening. I think you should directly check that mail by scanning it with the security software which you are currently on your computer system. Or you my try doing the same after reinstalling an outlook 2007 on your computer. It might happen that an outlook has been infected by some kind of viruses.

Beware of an attachments sent to you via mails as it might infect your computer system with hazardous viruses and might make your operating system of not use. Once you have opened an infected attachment then your computer gets infected by it. It has became a simplest way to spread up the viruses via infected mails. I have experienced it personally as one of the mail have made my windows corrupted.

I have given you the link from where you can download the latest version of an Outlook Express which can used on an every windows operating system which is not older then the windows 98 operating system. It can be used on your computer as you are using windows xp. Try opening the mails by using this version of outlook and check that you are getting the same error or not. Click on the an Outlook Express 6 to download it.