Thread: Stop notification of Virus/malware

Stop notification of Virus/malware

I am using windows Xp also i have installed Avast antivirus on my system. recently when i scanned my system avast detected a virus and which was also removed quiet effectively. But even though the threat was fixed i received the pop-up notification can anyone tell me how to Stop notification of Virus/malware . I would be very thankful to you.

Re: Stop notification of Virus/malware

It appears as you are getting these pop-ups because the virus is still present in your system files. I would like to know whether you have updated the virus definition before scanning your system. It appears as the virus which is there is not removed completely. So this time try to remove the virus again but after updating the virus definition.

It appears as you are using a free version of the avast antivirus since only the free antiviruses are not capable of removing the threats properly. Sometimes even when the virus is not removed properly then also it appears as it has been removed so when you reboot the system again it pops-up the message again.

In this situation i would recommend you to search for a setting in the avast antivirus control panel and check whether there is a setting for the confirmation. You simply need to disable it and then apply the settings. I think that the notification of Virus/malware will get stopped as soon as you disable it.

I would recommend you to use Kaspersky Internet Security keeps your PC's performance preventing cyber-criminals to interfere and offer unparalleled online security by protecting your files, music and photos from hackers i have also mentioned some feature of the application too.

* Advanced protection against identity theft Improved!
    * Protection against online banking fraud!
    * Protection against threats from online fraud!
    * Unique Safe for applications and websites

Try installing eSafe Desktop on your laptop, you Automatically protect your system from viruses, vandals, inappropriate content, exhibitions date, and abuse of resources. eSafe Desktop includes modules: "Sandbox" anti-vandal. It also Complete Windows Protection against threats from the Internet.