Thread: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 aswsp.sys blue screen

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 aswsp.sys blue screen

Recently i have installed a windows 7 on my computer system and i have installed an Avast Anti Virus on this system. When i try to run this security software on my computer then i got a warning saying that Whitespace at end of path element and Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.SYS.
    Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 aswsp.sys blue screen

I have found that aswsp.sys is a new driver provided in an Avast 4.8 which supports for the self-protection feature. I have heard this for the first that BSOD is associated with this driver of an avast. could it be possible for you to give some more details about your blue screen error so that it can help to resolve your problem.

Though i do not know much about the problem which you are facing on your computer. I think you should remove the version of an avast which you are using to secure your computer. I have provided you the link from where you can download the latest version of an Avast Anti Virus. Make sure that you completely remove the older version of avast anti virus before installing this latest one. Click on the name of an AVAST to download it.

It could also happen because of some kind of virus which has affected the aswSP.SYS of your Avast Anti Virus software. All you can do is to uninstall the version of an avast which has been installed on your computer system. Then again reinstall it. You may use some other software to secure your windows 7 operating system. I have given you the link from which you can download the Norton Anti Virus which is a good competitor of an Avast.

I have seen that on many forums that this error occurs due to the infection on computer system. It might happen that your computer has been infected by any viruses and it is affecting your windows 7 as well as an Avast on your computer. Actually it has affected specifically aswsp.sys of an avast which is driver provided by the avast itself. You should reinstall the avast but make sure that you do have some other security software while you reinstall this program.