Thread: Virus creates strange sound

Virus creates strange sound

Hello,
    I think I have a virus in my computer, because after every two to three minutes a sound file starts playing. It is a woman's image and it tells me to click on it. I have no idea of what is going on. I have not still clicked on the image of the women. Please help me with this. I think this is a virus. I have tried formatting my computer, but no use it is the same. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Virus creates strange sound

Hello,
    You said that you have scanned your computer for virus, then how come the virus is not detected. What is the anti virus software you are using? Have you tried any spyware program, if you have not tried this , then you can try an program which is a spyware and then just you have to scan for the virus. I think the ad-aware6 is a free spy ware and you can use it.

Hello,
    Have you downloaded some toolbar or something like that, I mean to say a browser plugin. I had downloaded a tool bar a few days ago and after some minutes my computer was crashed and was completely hanged. So, I had to install a fresh copy again. So, if you have downloaded any any such toolbar then please remove it first. Delete it from the add and remove program and also from the directory where it was installed. Hope this will remove the virus.

Hello,
    Now a days almost all the virus are entered from our browser, so I think we should protect our browser first. If you need to get a protection for the Netscape browser that too without the ads then you can download the firefox on the mozilla site. I use the same browser and I have no issues with the browser now. Also, I think the security is more powerful that the Internet explorer.

Hello,
    I had a similar kind of a problem with a virus. I do not know the name of the virus, but I think this is similar to the kind of the virus that you have described. I was advised to go the Windows settings and then in the control panel, and was advised to check the sound that is the hardware for the sound was properly installed or not. I mean to say the audio drivers are installed correctly or not. Also, check it you get a warning message there, if you are getting any error message then the drivers are corrupted or need to be installed correctly.