Thread: Can not connect to mini notebook nb200

Can not connect to mini notebook nb200

I am running with mini notebook nb200 and tried to connect with the internet and when I goes to connect with the internet then it is asking for the security key and currently, I do not have any of the key. Have you all some suggestion to fix this problem of security key ??

Thanks

I don't think that there is any problem with your notebook, the problem is getting generated from the internet connection that you have implemented.
    If it is coming from your router then in this situation you can again reconfigure the key. I would like to know about some detailed information on the model you carried.

Hello guys,

I am also suffering with some closets issue with the Internet connection. I got a gifted notebook NB 200 on my birthday and connecting to the wirelessl internet is not working is not working.

It is detecting my orange livebox and its confirm that I am using proper WEP Key but it says it's "waiting for the network" for ages before going off having not connected. I have had issues with the livebox previous before but both my computer and other Toshiba laptop are still connected to the internet, It is just wondering if someone can tell me whats wrong and how to access internet connection?

Milton already told you that have you configure the router connection. Can you tell me about your MAC address filtering? have you enabled required settings on your router? If yes, then it could exclude your new notebook from the WLan.

But primarily, you need to check first that your WLan driver update can be helpful for you to solve this or not. The updated driver can be accessed from the Toshiba driver page or you can find the newest WLan driver.You can reinstall the driver and reconfigure the WLan again.

You have enabled MAC address filtering on the router or not ? According to me,it seems like after providing the WEP key you gets unable to access the network. Normally it means the MAC address of your network card has been blocked. In this situation, you need to enter this MAC address in router settings or disable this security feature.

As you read above, you should also install the latest WLAN driver. You can get the Toshiba WLAN portal and the following link will suggest you for the entire updates: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/

Re: Can not connect to mini notebook nb200

Just bought NB200 and do have the exact same problem. Although it finds the wireless networks in range, it cannot connect, stating Waiting for the network, with no results. Can you please help me ?

Re: Can not connect to mini notebook nb200

Quote Originally Posted by lucozade View Post
    Just bought NB200 and do have the exact same problem. Although it finds the wireless networks in range, it cannot connect, stating Waiting for the network, with no results. Can you please help me ?
    Have you tried renewing your IP address, first go to RUN and type CMD. This would start the console (DOS window). There you should use the command: ipconfig /renew. It’s also advisable to update the Wlan driver. I have noticed some issues with older Wlan drivers…

Here you can get the newest one:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/