Thread: Windows 7 Netbook will not install correct modem driver

Windows 7 Netbook will not install correct modem driver

I purchased a Dell Netbook. I wanted to use it on dial-up fairly and then I purchased a US Robotics USB modem (model 5637) as well with that . I downloaded the newest drivers for it and initially it worked. But after restarting the system to uninstall, Windows 7 now detects it as an Agere Soft modem and no longer in function.

I perform the re installation again and again . I cannot stop Windows 7 from automatically installing the Agere driver files.I really wanted this to be in proper function . Is there any method to stop Windows 7 from auto installing it's choice?

I Also consider your issue and find out that it is pretty well impossible to stop Windows doing that other than the extreme option of deleting its driver cache altogether.

I am agree with you about that for whatever causes, Windows is not identifying the modem here because of unsupported and unallocated driver here . I am thinking that if there was any method you could replace that modem for a different and unique make or model which can solve your problem.

There may be a lot of reason to be failed the installation procedure and file bugs on the window. May be the file that you have downloaded from the internet is suffering with the some compatibility error.

You need to check the model and support tagged with the downloaded files then you need to download that and check the validation of the software that you are going to install.

If you have purchased the US robotics modem then you need to concentrate about the proper driver with the appropriate model of the hardware.

You need to locate your product code in the boxes if you go for the downloading of the driver. For getting information on the newest drivers, firmware, and upgrades. Visit Support 101 on the official site of the modem manufacturer to learn what to look for and how to find your Product Code/Number.

OK , I have had the modem too long to replace it or return it. But the forward step is to find out a different brand/model. Modem number 2 achieves (different brand, a Rosewill.) primarily, Windows 7 installed the unidentified driver for it too.

But this modem had an exact driver disk with it that was capable to override the primary wrong setup. So, at this stage, things are getting better.