Thread: Getting full screen issue over Remote Desktop

Getting full screen issue over Remote Desktop

Hello Friends,

I am getting troubled while working over the Remote Desktop.Whenever I use the Remote Desktop window and click over the restore down, at that time I get a small window with rdp session. But actual problem is that whenever I click over the 'Maximize' after, it doesn't behaves like a full screen nor maximized screen as like in XP. I don't have any idea about this strange issue. If you posses any solution over this issue, then please try to share it me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Getting full screen issue over Remote Desktop

If you toggle Full-Screen mode in the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) client software by using the CTRL+ALT+BREAK key combination, the RDP client software leaks memory. The client desktop is not refreshed correctly, or you receive an "Out of Memory" error message. For example, the desktop wallpaper may not be repainted, and icons may not be shown correctly. When you quit the RDP client software, the memory is released and the computer works correctly.

Please try following procedure to get full Screen over Remote Desktop:
    • First you need to launch the Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Then you will need to click over the 'Options' and then click over the 'Display tab'.
    • The next steps is to drag sidebar which is from the Display configuration, to Full Screen.
    • Then click OK to check the Full Screen.

The solution to your query is very easy, you just need to use the 'Ctrl-Alt-Break' key combination for this. Remote Desktop is a enables a user to make connection to the computer running Microsoft Terminal Services. It is the successor of Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and is implemented from the R2 version of Windows Server 2008. It completely replaces the Terminal Services.

Thanks friend for all your help!. Because of you I am able to sort out the full screen over the Remote Desktop. As in above reply you suggested to use the 'Ctrl+Alt+Break' key combination, and surprisingly it worked for me. All other information was very helpful to know more about the Remote Desktop. I am really appreciating all your help.